• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
What does everyone think about this rally? Extended bear market rally or manipulation that could take this thing much higher? All data says that this should not be happening, but it continues to rise. Is the 200 dma the key here?

We need an investing forum.

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
What does everyone think about this rally? Extended bear market rally or manipulation that could take this thing much higher? All data says that this should not be happening, but it continues to rise. Is the 200 dma the key here?

We need an investing forum.

My target has been SPX 935. It is close enough at 920 for me to have started liquidating and selling in the money calls on stocks and shorting spy's. The stock mkt has been discounting a recovery in the real economy. I believe that the statistics coming out have shown only a tepid recovery taking place or at least that the economy has stopped imploding. With high and growing unemployment, a weak dollar and consequently higher commodity prices, a economy killing deficit and higher interest rates, the international tensions, and general malaise world-wide, it seems the stock mkt is quickly running out of gas. At best I can only see a range bound mkt and at worst a revisit to sub 800 SPX. It is time to be cautious and take advantage of the huge rally that has been a gift to many of us. We will have another chance to buy stocks at lower levels. The great driver of consumer spending was the ability to use housing as an ATM machine. Those days are over. The "green shoots " that have sprouted may be short lived.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Oooh, thanks for reminding me. Have you checked the other markets, yet?

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
China is flying right now and futures are up 31 as of now. Apparently some news here is supposed to come out at 10 tonight. Could we be bailing out GM with more money?