• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

30A road widening

New posts

Bob

SoWal Insider
Question for all with knowledge. Currently are there plans to add one or two additional lanes to CR 30A. If so, where would this project begin? Anyone with inside info????? Thanks!!!
 
I don't have inside info, but as far as I know there aren't any current plans. There are a lot of other road improvements that are needed and/or underway before 30-A.

Although I suspect at some point pressure will build in the next few years and it will become critical in a hurry. Usually changes start with adding turn lanes and stoplights at intersections.
 
If the traffic during this past spring break is any indication, 30A is due for a center turn lane. Judging by the number of posts, this idea is about as well received as Jimmy Carter's malaise speech in the late 70's.
 
Sometimes it's funny about the traffic complaints. Sometimes I find myself in a knot about it and then I remember where I am and not sitting on an interstate commuting to work. :eek:


Top ten SoWal complaints (because everyone needs to complain about something):

10 - Loud motorcycles driven by yuppy gangs in leather.
9 - fish ain't bitin'.
8 - fish ain't bitin' today either.
7 - Damn! it's cold.
6 - Damn! it's hot.
5 - My glass is empty.
4 - Crab ate my bait.
3 - It took me 3 minutes to turn.
2 - Something bit me!
1 - Red Flag!
 
kurt said:
Top ten SoWal complaints (because everyone needs to complain about something):

10 - Loud motorcycles driven by yuppy gangs in leather.
9 - fish ain't bitin'.
8 - fish ain't bitin' today either.
7 - Damn! it's cold.
6 - Damn! it's hot.
5 - My glass is empty.
4 - Crab ate my bait.
3 - It took me 3 minutes to turn.
2 - Something bit me!
1 - Red Flag!

Amen to numbers 9, 7, 6, 4, 2, and add to those numbers:
.9 - Damn Deer Flies!
.8 - Damn mosquitos!
.7 - Damn Pinfish!
.6 - My dog ran off again.
.5 - Itiat drivers! -- (see numbers .4 and .3)
.4 - Other drivers' lack of turn signal.
.3 - Other drivers incorrect use of turn signals.
.2 - Nowhere left to eat. (I see Freeport is getting a "JB's Chinese Buffet.")
.1 - Freaking road construction again.


I guess life is not too bad here at the Beach. I have grown so accustomed to living here that now, when I drive through Atlanta, I have anxiety attacks.
 
Kurt, Smiling Joe, great posts!!! I guess its all relative really. I've got hundreds of [restaurants/places] to do things at my fingertips, and its a Texas death match trying to drive to it. Too many folks in Central Fla.! Anything caught from our local lakes is most likely not good for your health. Bottom line: Walton County locals have a better life, except during spring break/hurricanes. Which reminds me of a Stones song.....I can't get no..........................satisfaction
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top