• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I would do some shopping around before paying that much for a used projector. The contrast ratio spec isn't very good. It doesn't even have the ability to zoom or focus via remote. I doubt it has lens shift. The really hot somewhat pricey 3D projectors like the Panasonic PT-AE8000U and the Epson 5030UB sell in the $2000.00 to $2500.00 range brand new and they are loaded with features. Three years ago $4500.00 might have been a steal for a 3D projector when they first came out people were throwing down $10k. That's not the case any more.

Last edited:

furymom

Beach Lover
May 13, 2008
It's actually two projectors in one. It's a passive 3d system which uses the kind of inexpensive glasses found in theaters. It had two bulbs and actually projects two images unlike the active shutter units you are trying to compare it to.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I have an active projector. The picture is every bit as good as what I've seen in the theater. There is no consensus that either passive or active is superior. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
See if you can get the video Bob posted (ISS Image Frontier) to play on your active 3D projector and tell me if it is intensely psychedelic. It 's way cool man on small screen only 2D.cant imagine it with more D's.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
See if you can get the video Bob posted (ISS Image Frontier) to play on your active 3D projector and tell me if it is intensely psychedelic. It 's way cool man on small screen only 2D.cant imagine it with more D's.

It's awesome on the big screen in 1080p but it's not 3D. The projector does have the ability to give you a kind of faux 3D by converting 2D to 3D. It does make it look a little more interesting. The movie "Hubble" is the best known 3D space movie. I wish it had more space footage. It's mostly footage of astronauts making repairs and assembling burritos in zero gravity. It's actually the best way to make a burrito because you can float your onions, lettuce, meat and sauce in separate space balls and then just sweep it all together. It looks both delicious AND intensely psychedelic.

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I believe Einstein compared the bending of time and space around a source of gravity to the folding of a burrito...or else I just made that up.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I would have thought the burrito wrapper is a three dimensional warping of the space time continuum caused by a projection into multidimensional hyperspace. Can we agree to disagree?