• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I think at this point its clear our elected officials are willing to consider anything for the Tourist $$$.

If tourists want topless clubs, they'd probably find a way to have them and try to look good doing it.

We will be Destin and PCB in two years or less.

Sun Chaser

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2015
Miramar Beach
According to this poll, 93% want to continue to allow rentals...
http://floridapolitics.com/archives...-travelers-allowed-rent-accommodations-hotels

Actually, The 93% you quote is whether people should be able to rent something other than a hotel, a house or a condo. I agree, there should be choice.

The question from the poll more pertinent would be:

"QUESTION: Do you believe state and local governments should or should not have the authority to ban homeowners from renting out their private property for less than 30 days?"

SHOULD SHOULD NOT NOT SURE
STATE 26% 61% 13%

REGION SHOULD SHOULD NOT NOT SURE
North Florida 30% 58% 12%

Unless you live next door or very close to one of these rentals, then of course it won't be an issue to you. But, no doubt, more and more of these mega house rentals are coming on line and they will affect the neighbors. But back on point, local governments should have the control on short term rentals, not Tallahassee.

Here is the link to the poll mentioned: http://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000015a-a6e2-d379-a55e-b6ee80c20000

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Surely all those mega homes will pay TDC Tax right?

It must be easy for a citizen to track who's paying and who isn't, correct?

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
:dunno:what:dunno:what:dunno:what?

How is that possible?
:popcorn:
Bed tax collectors have info for their respective clients, but no one else's. My understanding, unless something has changed in the last couple of years, is that the TDC has no "rights" where it comes to having the client list of each of the rental management companies.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Bed tax collectors have info for their respective clients, but no one else's. My understanding, unless something has changed in the last couple of years, is that the TDC has no "rights" where it comes to having the client list of each of the rental management companies.

So it's possible (probable) that there are vacation rentals not paying their share and there is no way to track them?:doh:

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
So it's possible (probable) that there are vacation rentals not paying their share and there is no way to track them?:doh:
That is my understanding. Rental management companies find it quite frustrating that individual owners can get away with not paying bed tax if they choose to take the risk of getting caught.