• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Freeport woman dies in three-car crash - News - The News Herald
A Freeport woman died and her family members were injured in a three-car crash in Walton County on Thursday afternoon.

Gina D. Carter, 30, died in a wreck after the SUV in which she was a passenger struck a dump truck on U.S. 331 near the intersection with South Bay Grove Road, according to a crash report from the the Florida Highway Patrol.

Lori-Ann Sivley, 40, of Freeport was driving a 2004 Chevrolet 4-door northbound on U.S. 331 at about 3 p.m. on Thursday, June 4, when she attempted a left turn onto South Bay Grove Road, according to the report.

A 2000 Ford SUV driven by Christopher Carter, 31, of Freeport was traveling southbound on U.S. 331. In the vehicle with him were passengers Gina D. Carter, Christopher Carter, age 2, and Isabella Carter, 7.

A third vehicle, a 1998 Freightliner dumptruck driven by Johnnie Mack Roberts of DeFuniak Springs, 48, was traveling northbound on U.S. 331 behind Sivley's car.

Sivley did not see Carter's SUV approaching and attempted a left turn in front of the SUV, according to the report. Carter tried to steer to the left to travel around Sivley, but the right front of the SUV struck the right rear of Sivley's car. The SUV veered off to the left into the northbound lane and into the path of the dump truck.

Roberts tried to steer to the right to avoid Carter's SUV, but the front of the dump truck struck the right front of the SUV, the report said. Both vehicles came to final rest straddling the northbound lane and the east paved shoulder of U.S. 331, with the SUV facing south and the dumptruck facing north, connected to each other.

Sivley pulled off onto the west shoulder of U.S. 331. She had no injuries, the report said. She was wearing a seatbelt.

Gina D. Carter's injuries were fatal, according to the report. She was wearing a seatbelt.
Christopher Carter, driver of the SUV, sufferred critical injuries and was taken to Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola. He was wearing a seatbelt, the report said. The two children in the SUV were also transported to Sacred Heart Hospital; Christopher had minor injuries and Isabella had serious injuries, the report said. Both were wearing seatbelts.

Roberts was wearing a seatbelt and had minor injuries, the report said.

Charges are pending in the crash investigation, the report said.

dmarie

Beach Lover
Aug 22, 2007
Eden
OMG! How tragic! Is this the same Chris Carter who used to have a car detailing company, AND who also lost his then-wife in an accident years ago? Please say no.

Prayers and hugs to this family.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
How tragic. My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
OMG! How tragic! Is this the same Chris Carter who used to have a car detailing company, AND who also lost his then-wife in an accident years ago? Please say no.

Prayers and hugs to this family.

I just typed almost the exact same thing as it was the first thing that popped in my mind. Her name was Summer if that helps anyone find out.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
I believe this is the same Chris Carter that had the car cleaning business who lost his first wife at Peach creek and 98 and who just lost his father and step mother at 98 and Hewitt.

I can not even imagine the pain he must be going through right now. :sosad:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I believe this is the same Chris Carter that had the car cleaning business who lost his first wife at Peach creek and 98 and who just lost his father and step mother at 98 and Hewitt.

I can not even imagine the pain he must be going through right now. :sosad:

:cry: This is too horrible to even think about. Prayers for the children and Chris.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
I just typed almost the exact same thing as it was the first thing that popped in my mind. Her name was Summer if that helps anyone find out.

Chris's first wife killed in a car accident was Seasun. (Chris was driving then too).....I can't think of anything more tragic than this accident and the horror that Chris and family are going through. Chris had serious debilitating leg injuries from the first wreck and was in a wheelchair for a LONG time (a drunk driver hit them).

Tears, prayers and hugs going their way...not just now, but for a long time. Any thoughts on what we can do as a community to help Chris and his family???

aggieb

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2007
ibx
Chris's first wife killed in a car accident was Seasun. (Chris was driving then too).....I can't think of anything more tragic than this accident and the horror that Chris and family are going through. Chris had serious debilitating leg injuries from the first wreck and was in a wheelchair for a LONG time (a drunk driver hit them).

Tears, prayers and hugs going their way...not just now, but for a long time. Any thoughts on what we can do as a community to help Chris and his family???
it sounds as though he's definitely going to need a strong support system.

this is so, so horrible. i couldn't imagine.:sosad:

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
How about a Sowal Community pot luck dinner with a cover charge, say $10 per person. Maybe some musicians can donate some time for the occassion and make the occassion a celebration of life and community out pouring.

Perhaps a silent auction as well???? Or get Tom Stein to help us with a live auction...he's very entertaining and can bring in some bucks.

I'm on a roll here....you're thoughts are appreciated.