• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachMac

Beach Lover
Oct 3, 2008
I was already planning to vote for Cindy, but between the robo call I received disguised as a "Poll" asking if I knew about the things listed in the postcard above, and then the negative postcard (above) coming in the mail the next day or two... it only solidified it for me. Why go so negative on a county race?! If I'm voting on credentials, just tell me why your candidate is better and let the best man or woman win... It is disgusting to get something like this in my mailbox - all the more in a local election when at the end of the day we are all neighbors and in community together. If you can't win without smearing the other candidate, you don't deserve to win in my opinion. All that said, if Cindy loses, I partially blame her marketing team. Her television commercials are out of focus and amateur looking, her logo not as polished, and her signs are more difficult to read than Tony's plastered everywhere with a design that stands out.
My hope is that voters read the forum on SoWal.com and do their own due diligence to find out the facts before voting day. As a relative newcomer to the area (three years) it has been hard to know what sources to trust for unbiased info to gather candidate info. At least on here I know I'm gonna here a little bit from both sides!

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
So...people who oppose Cindy Meadows, not her opponent himself, used a method of communication to oppose her candidacy. They used mail outs.

People who oppose Tony Anderson, not his opponent herself, used a method of communication to oppose his candidacy. They used the Internet, SoWal, the secret cyber-club "VISIONS," and signs they had printed up at an untold cost.

What's the difference between the two methods? The people who oppose Meadows did it through an official organization with a disclaimer! And the stuff about Meadows looks like it was true while the stuff said about Anderson is like 99 percent false.

Do you really think that since supporters of Meadows chose to use more modern methods to campaign against Anderson, such as the Internet, it makes it any less of a negative campaign?

Double standards!!!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
So...people who oppose Cindy Meadows, not her opponent himself, used a method of communication to oppose her candidacy. They used mail outs.

People who oppose Tony Anderson, not his opponent herself, used a method of communication to oppose his candidacy. They used the Internet, SoWal, the secret cyber-club "VISIONS," and signs they had printed up at an untold cost.

What's the difference between the two methods? The people who oppose Meadows did it through an official organization with a disclaimer! And the stuff about Meadows looks like it was true while the stuff said about Anderson is like 99 percent false.

Do you really think that since supporters of Meadows chose to use more modern methods to campaign against Anderson, such as the Internet, it makes it any less of a negative campaign?

Double standards!!!

How much did T. Andersons' semi truck sized sign cost? I'd be willing to bet the bank that puppy cost more than the 800 signs Cindy had printed.

I'd be willing to bet that less than half of the people who actually comment here (not just registered users but people who actually post and have for years) have anything to do with the VISIONS page. I only know of one or two.

I have not seen/received any negative mail outs on Anderson but I didn't get the crap on Meadows either.

Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
How much did T. Andersons' semi truck sized sign cost? I'd be willing to bet the bank that puppy cost more than the 800 signs Cindy had printed.

I'd be willing to bet that less than half of the people who actually comment here (not just registered users but people who actually post and have for years) have anything to do with the VISIONS page. I only know of one or two.

I have not seen/received any negative mail outs on Anderson but I didn't get the crap on Meadows either.
How is a big sign on a trailer considered negative campaigning....?

Maybe the campaign reports show how much it cost? Who knows I think all this stuff is listed on the Supervisor of Elections' website.

Visions is awful, it's where people who are literally community leaders go to bash other people while they think they are hiding in a private group...I am glad it is a closed group because it is not something children should see in many cases. I am surprised the moderators haven't closed it all down for some of the stuff Posted on there...Of course some of the people do try to address real topics but there is some nasty stuff....wow.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Ironic that many people left this site years ago for Facebook because they thought it would be more civil.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
How is a big sign on a trailer considered negative campaigning....?

Holy bejeezus, would you please read what I said! I didn't say a word about his sign being negative, I simply asked how much the freaking monster cost!!

Visions is awful, it's where people who are literally community leaders go to bash other people while they think they are hiding in a private group...I am glad it is a closed group because it is not something children should see in many cases. I am surprised the moderators haven't closed it all down for some of the stuff Posted on there...Of course some of the people do try to address real topics but there is some nasty stuff....wow.

The only "community leaders" I have currently is 5 BCC members, 2 of whom I want out. I don't know who you think the "community leaders" are there but let me assure you, there are allot of arm chair quarterbacks none of which I would consider leaders, who sit on their backsides and send pretty little emails to the Commissioners telling them what their "Vision" for Walton County is.

Honestly, I can't think of one "vision" that they have shared that has come to fruition!

Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Ironic that many people left this site years ago for Facebook because they thought it would be more civil.
There are people on there who are generally productive on "Visions," like Danny Glidewell and Bob Hudson, just as they are on here. Also some other good people who are caring and who monitor what is said, but it s all outweighed by nasty behavior that has led to people saying they have been harassed outside of the "Visions" group just for having a differing opinion. One woman had her profile picture maligned and distorted by a man she thought she could trust because of his stature in the community....very bad behavior, and it's sad. I hope kids don't go into Visions!

Aug 3, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Holy bejeezus, would you please read what I said! I didn't say a word about his sign being negative, I simply asked how much the freaking monster cost!!

The only "community leaders" I have currently is 5 BCC members, 2 of whom I want out. I don't know who you think the "community leaders" are there but let me assure you, there are allot of arm chair quarterbacks none of which I would consider leaders, who sit on their backsides and send pretty little emails to the Commissioners telling them what their "Vision" for Walton County is.

Honestly, I can't think of one "vision" that they have shared that has come to fruition!
I may agree with you on something Misty...about Visions!

Also I misunderstood your comment on the big trailer sign, I was confused by what you said...I don't have a way of knowing how it cost except maybe look online on the elections page?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

Also I misunderstood your comment on the big trailer sign, I was confused by what you said...I don't have a way of knowing how it cost except maybe look online on the elections page?

They don't break down individual expenditures for advertising. All the SOE website lists is cost for that reporting period.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

You get a happy dance...

latest