• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Kat,

I never would have guessed, as you are always so vibrant and upbeat, even in your posts. Sending hugs and prayers your way! :love:

I know someone who has fibromyalgia. She has so many problems and is in such pain that she had to quit her job as a research biochemist. She takes a lot of pain meds, including oxycodone.:eek:

I am familiar with CFS -- was diagnosed after my daughter was born. I was so tired that I was almost dysfunctional. Thank goodness I'm a professor and only have to be on my feet a couple of hours a day. My doctor wanted me to quit my job, but we couldn't afford it -- we were building our dream home at the time. BTW the CFS sort of "went away.":dunno:

So I can't imagine having both ailments at once. I will be praying for you, Kat.

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Hey Kat- let us know if there is anything you need- like errands run, etc. We are happy to help!

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Hey,
I understand. I know what you are talking about. I am so sorry. It helps to just unload on somebody sometime. Just do what you can and try not to worry about what all you can't do. Your true friends and those closest to you will understand. ;-):love::wave:

Take care of yourself ~

Allison

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:love: YOU ALL!

I just woke up and wandered over to the computer. What a happy surprise to see so many thoughts, prayers and smilies coming my way. I can't express enough my appreciation!!!!:bow:

I've been a member of SoWal for a year and 4 months. :clap: :clap: I didn't know about lurking :dunno: so I jumped right in to address "the buzz" about D&K's closing for renovation. AT first I was a little apprehensive (well, a lot):blush: ....but, I knew what we were doing was soooooo needed for our own life. I think our mistake was not letting everyone else in on it.:yikes:

We have had to get through the first six months of "dinner only" to get everything worked out. It has been the toughest time we've ever had in 20 years of being in the food industry. We wanted to keep our staff as they are so loyal and just feel like family at D&K's.....so that meant they had to jump right in and learn fine, excuse me, casual fine dining by experience. Our partner in crime "The Shadowman" :ninja: has nurtured them to be their best out front. Born and raised in Louisianna....also in Hospitality and Food Industry for over 20 years, he was the perfect one to teach them. It was hard for them at first....some customers were not impressed in the beginning.....but we just pushed on and so did they. Kelly, Chris and Cathy can now go just about anywhere they want to serve. I hope they will stay with us for as long as they feel that is where their heart is.

Now for lunch......adding lunch has been pure funn! I have never been hugged so much in the cafe and out on the streets when I see someone. You would have thought we had won the lotto and given everyone a million dollars. And, I think people are happier now.....as the lunch and dinner menu gives all the peeps options. Okay Okay that's enough about the cafe. Except we all thank you for the bottom of our hearts for sticking in there with us and for supporting D&K's. :love: :love: :love: :love:

:bow: I want to especially thank Kurt for giving us SoWal....it has been such a blessing to me. Doug never touches a computer, but he knows from all your posts that I print what's going on. Being in a closed kitchen he doesn't get to see all of you like I do......but he sure does hear about you!!!!!

Through SoWal I have made many dear friends and some kooky ones too that I know I will be in touch with most of my life. I can't go a day without jumping on to see what's going on with all of you....even if I don't have the time to post...:love: my heart is with you.

Sooooo dear SoWallers having CFS and Fibromyalgia can be a blessing, as it gives me more time to be on SoWal....reading and posting! Thank you for all your suggestions....I have used the Tortoise Clinic off and on for over 10 years, tried some drugs....not for me (except a Lortab every now and then), Meditation is excellent for it, light weights, and sleep:yawn: ....which helps the best! Scottalderson has suggested a new book I want to get...."Inflammation Nation". He's so cool:cool:......sent me a number reassuring personal messages. I love each and everyone of you!

AGAIN....THANK YOU ALL! I'M GOING TO ENJOY THIS RAIN SHOWER NOW.:clap:

ItzKatzTime:wave: :love: :love:

P.S. My wonderful father, Bay, was/is my role model for staying up and always having a positive attitude. He constantly reminded me growing up that things could always be worse....be grateful for what you have....and he was so right!!!!

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Hey,
I understand. I know what you are talking about. I am so sorry. It helps to just unload on somebody sometime. Just do what you can and try not to worry about what all you can't do. Your true friends and those closest to you will understand. ;-):love::wave:

Take care of yourself ~

Allison

Okay now I've read through your posts again and I'm crying. You all touch my heart so much!!!!!

Kat:love:

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
Kat you sweet wonderful girl, :love: does this mean you feel like making us a key lime pie???

Hang in there. You are not alone, you're stuck with us. :wave: