• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Bart's Fish

New posts
Can anyone idenyify this fish? Caught off the beach near Snapperheads. I got no idea :idontno: other than it's a cousin to the 3 eye fish on the Simpson's. Is Homer's Nuke Plant close by?

Well, my guess would have been the Sir Winston Churchill Bayou Boogie-Boo....or the Charles Laughton Liverpool UMF...or...Grouper Bait...

:confused:
 
Last edited:
but..not a Flounder...maybe "Catch of The Day" on the Menu...at SnapperHeads...looks like there are Poulan wounds...hmmmm
(Hold Harmless agreement pending)
 
Last edited:
Little Man, your correct it was lizardfish I've been catching. Just as ugly. Glad they don't get too big or I'd never go in the water. I'd rather unhook a shark.
 
Another thing about the star gazer: if you do go flounder gigging at night be very careful of these fish for they bury up in the sand and all you can see is there eyes aswell. But when you stick the gig in em you could get a good jolt(especially if your using a metal gig and not the bamboo one) instead of dinner.

I just caught one in the cast net the other day while catching shrimp for dinner at indian pass.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top