• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pwz2000

Beach Crab
Sep 16, 2021
wisconsin
Looking for some good fishing spots where you don't need a boat for my parents who are in their 60s and 70s. Just looking to pull up a chair, sit down and go fishing for a few hours. We are taking a trip next month and will be staying off of E Grove Ave nearby Cowgirl Kitchen Market & Cafe.

Are there public spots at Western or Eastern Lake, Alligator Lake, Little or Big Redfish, Deer Lake, Camp Creek? Any recommendations for seniors? My dad doesn't like walking too much on his legs anymore due to the pain, so it would need to be very easy access with very short walking distance to get to a spot to cast his pole.

Besides those lakes which should be some fun catching for him hopefully, all I see is private water behind homes (such as the one we have at our house) but we don't know anyone in the area obviously to fish there.

Tyler T

Beach Lover
Aug 24, 2010
Call Stinkys Fish Camp and they can likely set them up for surf fishing at the nearest beach access.

They also offer boat fishing in the bay or Gulf.

Going just offshore from Grayton Beach is also and option with several boats...
www.deadfishcharters.com

pwz2000

Beach Crab
Sep 16, 2021
wisconsin
Across the Bay at the new Grady Brown park (on the left heading N) is also a good wade fishing spot and also has parking, bathroom & picnic areas.

That place looks great. He's 73 and doesn't like to walk too much due to pain in his legs, so that location looks perfect. Thanks for the recommendation.

I'll be doing a Google streets map view to see if there's something closer to E Grove Ave. 20 mins is not bad for fishing and is considerably closer than anything where we live at now.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I would second Matt J regarding 331. Another option which is easy is Cessna Landing (on HWY 393 north of 98). In fact, just two weeks ago I watched a young lady catch some redfish off the dock, literally 20 yards from where she parked her vehicle. Plenty of parking, shaded picnic benches, bathroom, etc.

pwz2000

Beach Crab
Sep 16, 2021
wisconsin
Thank you guys for the recommendations. 331 does look great which is on Camp Helen Road when you make that right. I'll let him know about both spots as it looks like Cessna Landing may be a little less walking.