• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
All of the above are good for different reasons.

My favorites are Smiling Fish (anything) and Stinkys (shrimp on big salad) for lunch. During the off season I really like Flip Flops for their smokin off season lunch deals. Pizza by the Sea also has good lunch deals. They also have a frequent diner card that is worthwhile.

If you're in a hurry, there is always the option to pickup a sandwich at Publix or Subway. I also hear that The Happy Apple is good, but haven't tried it yet.

Wild Olives has quite a bit of indoor seating in the space right next to their original store. At least it did 2 weekends ago!

I've also tried Shades recently and they had a HUGE grouper sandwich that was excellent.
Oh, I didn't know that the space to the right of Wild Olives was part of their store. Thanks.

We are old Shades friends from the days when they were in Seaside. We'll try them again for sure!

I love the Salade Nicoise at George's. Yummy!

Bruno's lunch buffet is a definite yes (of course it's difficult for me to deal with all of the Alabama memorabilia). LOL.

Last edited:

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
I am for anything, anytime from Smiling Fish!!

We had a great lunch a George's and reasonable for the quality of food.

One day we ate at Seagrove Coyote and enjoyed a good lunch. Portions are huge, reasonable, and can easily be shared. Keri took very good care of us!

AndrewG

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2010
SeaGrove Market Cafe has great sandwiches under $10

Deli Love

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2008
MidWal???
More horn tooting and thanks Jenny! Modica has a lunch on weekdays from 11:00 till 2:00. Check my lunch special thread or come in and check it out. Lisa does a great job with the tasty little treats just make time for a nap!

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
Summer Kitchen's fantastic burgers, none better. Great salads too.

When it's really hot I like Shades on the Loop for one of their big salads, or if it's too hot to eat much of anything, their wedge is great -- wedge of ice cold iceberg lettuce with bacon, bleu cheese, red onions and a chewy roll.

You'd never know to look at me that there are days when I find it too hot to eat much.

Summer Kitchen's fantastic burgers, none better. Great salads too.

When it's really hot I like Shades on the Loop for one of their big salads, or if it's too hot to eat much of anything, their wedge is great -- wedge of ice cold iceberg lettuce with bacon, bleu cheese, red onions and a chewy roll.

You'd never know to look at me that there are days when I find it too hot to eat much.
Does James still own Summer kitchen? Used to eat there all the time,when it was just a shack.

Back in the "old" days The Wheel House restaurant was the place to be(and eat) sure miss that place.
Cocoons has great food as well.

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Does James still own Summer kitchen? Used to eat there all the time,when it was just a shack.

Back in the "old" days The Wheel House restaurant was the place to be(and eat) sure miss that place.
Cocoons has great food as well.

Yes - James still owns it. He is an excellent chef.