Are the local bike shops required to rent bike helmets with bikes? Today on my drive home we watched as a 12-14 year-old boy on the bike path began to wobble and then fell and went over the bike. I pulled into the Tom Thumb in Dune Allen and got out to make sure he was okay. Thanks to the other person who stopped and the very nice lady on the bike for stopping as well. He appeared shaken and was pretty skinned up. My biggest concern (and I wouldn't have let him go on his way) was if he had hit his head. He said he didn't and that the chain had come off and caught his heel. I think he was ultimately more embarassed than anything else. He proceeded up the bike path to get the bike repaired. I realize that people are not required to wear bike helmets, but do they have to provide helmets if you rent a bike? Please wear helmets when biking, no matter how dorky you might think they look or how hot they might make your head.