• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I don't know who needs to hear this, but if you are making a left onto 98 in an non-signaled intersection; YOU ARE DEAD LAST FOR RIGHT OF WAY. It's not a four way stop and it doesn't matter if you've been waiting for ten minutes you cannot go until you have the right of way.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
It's a scary road. I guess there are a lot of people visiting here who have no such road where they live. Turning left in the near lanes in to oncoming traffic happens too often.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Agreed, as a victim of a left turn (at a signal) into the wrong lane. My son almost had an incident with one about a year ago as well. We had a fatal accident head-on accident with two of the nicest ladies you'd ever want to meet up in Freeport. Sadly it is frequent.
Turn right, go down, make a U-turn if you want to go left. Yes it takes more time, but at least you and everyone else around you is still alive.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The issue I see is people turning left onto 98 and acting as though they've waited long enough so it's their turn or of course the 2-5 cars stacked in the median. They're only that big to account for semi's. If someone is in the middle you have to wait.