• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Blue Gulf Resort

New posts
That guy was a collector. I tried to buy some of that stuff from him and he was adamant that he would keep it till he died. Wonder whatever happened.......
 
Know this is an old thread...but, all above is bull****...Blue Gulf Resort aka brickyard was built in early 60's...Blue Mountain was 'founded' in 1948 ...30a...connected in mid 60's....believe all was after WWii...but, makes a good story...
 
Gidget,

My understanding is that Blue Gulf Resort or The Brickyard was originally military housing for an airstrip during WWII in Grayton. I have also heard that the building that houses the kitchen at Pandora's was part of that installation. Rumor has it that it became a gangster hideout after that and during the 50's and 60's was a family style resort. There used to be some old fair style signage and pieces of amusement rides to the west of the Retreat entrance. A friend of ours that lives in the brickyard told us when they moved into their house and had phones installed that one of the bedrooms had over 8 lines already installed in it. Kind of conducive to a bookie.

I do know that they used to have a radio station back in the day, but that's all I'll say publicly about that. :D
I think the house I just bought WAS the old radio station! Tell me the dirt! :)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top