• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
UPDATE UPDATE................

We got a call today around noon, Boudreaux was found Sunday night by someone (who will receive a reward) and will be back home safe sometime tonight!

After posters, calls to the alaqua shelter, animal control, and vets in the area we're getting him back. :D

Thanks to all concerned Sowallers on the lookout for him and all the nice people we've dealt with throughout this ordeal. A big hand to you all! :clap:

He's going to the vet to have a chip put in his ear so we aren't put through this again. ;-)

The two little boys he left behind can't wait to give him a big kiss! :love:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
UPDATE UPDATE................

We got a call today around noon, Boudreaux was found Sunday night by someone (who will receive a reward) and will be back home safe sometime tonight!

After posters, calls to the alaqua shelter, animal control, and vets in the area we're getting him back. :D

Thanks to all concerned Sowallers on the lookout for him and all the nice people we've dealt with throughout this ordeal. A big hand to you all! :clap:

He's going to the vet to have a chip put in his ear so we aren't put through this again. ;-)

The two little boys he left behind can't wait to give him a big kiss! :love:

YEAH!!!!! :clap:

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Wonderful news!! I always forget about the chip......my animals are chipped. FYI - I have heard it's better to place the chip in the shoulder and from what I understand they do move around....the chip, that is!

So glad he's coming home. :love: Any idea how far away he was found? I am always curious as to how far the hounds travel when they go on walk about. I have always walked mine the same route, day in and day out. When my previous Blood Hound went on walk about, he was out for several hours, but the theory in walking the same route, is that they eventually pick up your scent and come home. He showed up late one night - I was a mess, of course.

And, at the beach, Sweet Pea goes on walk about quite a bit.....same route and she does always show up very tired, yet happy.....happy to have been on her own for a bit or to be home? Who knows!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Wonderful news!! I always forget about the chip......my animals are chipped. FYI - I have heard it's better to place the chip in the shoulder and from what I understand they do move around....the chip, that is!

So glad he's coming home. :love: Any idea how far away he was found? I am always curious as to how far the hounds travel when they go on walk about. I have always walked mine the same route, day in and day out. When my previous Blood Hound went on walk about, he was out for several hours, but the theory in walking the same route, is that they eventually pick up your scent and come home. He showed up late one night - I was a mess, of course.

And, at the beach, Sweet Pea goes on walk about quite a bit.....same route and she does always show up very tired, yet happy.....happy to have been on her own for a bit or to be home? Who knows!

Lynnie, she goes off on her own? Aren't you afraid someone will get her? I would be terrifed!

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Lynnie, she goes off on her own? Aren't you afraid someone will get her? I would be terrifed!

Yes - I'm a little nervous! However, I am pretty sure all my neighbors just tell her to GO HOME, Sweet Pea! The longest she was ever gone was about 45 min.

I've actually caught her a couple of times sneaking off - it scares the behayzeus out of her when I sneak up on her and ask her what she thinks she's doing! :rotfl: