• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I have looked around the county and IMHO the worst offenders are Campbell and Drake in the representatives race. Both of the have signs all over the county in the right of way. Adkinson, Cooper and Brown are the worst in the Sheriff's race, Cornman has a few in the right of way but most of his look legal. Hutchinson is another offender as is Smith in the Commissioners race. Truth is, except for Larry Jones, who I believe has never used signs, ALL of the candidates are guilty in one form or the other, except one.......I have not found any Robert Nelson signs in an improper place.
This said, I have to say signs play a small role in my decision on who to vote for one way or the other. I certainly will not disqualify a candidate solely on a misplaced sign, however, I do give points to those who choose not to use them or 100% comply with the law. The candidates stand on the issues and overall qualifications mean much more to me.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I have looked around the county and IMHO the worst offenders are Campbell and Drake in the representatives race. Both of the have signs all over the county in the right of way. Adkinson, Cooper and Brown are the worst in the Sheriff's race, Cornman has a few in the right of way but most of his look legal. Hutchinson is another offender as is Smith in the Commissioners race. Truth is, except for Larry Jones, who I believe has never used signs, ALL of the candidates are guilty in one form or the other, except one.......I have not found any Robert Nelson signs in an improper place.
This said, I have to say signs play a small role in my decision on who to vote for one way or the other. I certainly will not disqualify a candidate solely on a misplaced sign, however, I do give points to those who choose not to use them or 100% comply with the law. The candidates stand on the issues and overall qualifications mean much more to me.

Back handed complements are still accepted. Thank you. I try.

As for poor Larry. All I can say is stay off hwy 90.

Back handed complements are still accepted. Thank you. I try.

As for poor Larry. All I can say is stay off hwy 90.

I certainly did not intend that to be anything but a recognition of those who play by the rules and to what extent.:clap::clap::clap:

As to highway 90, must admit I don't get into that section much, are you saying my prasie for Mr. Jones is misplaced?:dunno:

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I certainly did not intend that to be anything but a recognition of those who play by the rules and to what extent.:clap::clap::clap:

As to highway 90, must admit I don't get into that section much, are you saying my prasie for Mr. Jones is misplaced?:dunno:

Larry deserves praise. But I do believe he has a very enthusiastic supporter that would dissapoint you.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
One day, every signs will be required to have a small $20 micro-chip (which may be like two cents by that time) which can be used with GPS to know exactly where each sign is placed. Just wait and see.

sweetgal

Beach Comber
Jun 13, 2008
Defuniak Springs Florida
:yikes:Speaking of Cornman, maybe the reason most of his signs are so legal is because they are in business parking lots that sale booze, funny how he works for the agency that regulates that uh !!:wave:

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I noticed another big white and green sign on 4x4 posts, on Bay Drive. It is on State owned property. So who do you call to report this? Code Enforcement or the State Forest Service?

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
I noticed another big white and green sign on 4x4 posts, on Bay Drive. It is on State owned property. So who do you call to report this? Code Enforcement or the State Park Service?

I'd call code first. I have an article coming out today on the signs. I spoke with CE and FDOT. CE said they haven't had too many complaints, yet, but they grow with the season. FDOT told me he's hauling in pickup truck loads all day already.

If you have questions about right-of way length from the center line FDOT will get you a copy of the right-of-way mapping for any area.

Last edited:

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I noticed another big white and green sign on 4x4 posts, on Bay Drive. It is on State owned property. So who do you call to report this? Code Enforcement or the State Park Service?

I would call the FL Dept of Forestry since it is in the state forest.