• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Badges?

Beach Comber
Mar 20, 2008
Curious

:yikes:Speaking of Cornman, maybe the reason most of his signs are so legal is because they are in business parking lots that sale booze, funny how he works for the agency that regulates that uh !!:wave:

Would you be so kind as to provide a specific example ? Thanks.

sweetgal

Beach Comber
Jun 13, 2008
Defuniak Springs Florida
Badges,
I would gladly give examples: The Bayou Bill's Restaurant on highway 98, The Nick's on the Beach Restaurant on 30a, The Mexican Restaurant on highway 331 south in Freeport, that was formally Reddick's Restaurant. That is just a few examples for you badges.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
I think if we start pointing fingers at business that support candidates that will open another entire different can of worms. All candidates are being supported by various business in our area, to imply that one has been strong armed into it or is getting a benefit from it would be a good question to ask that business owner why they are choosing to support that person instead of an inference that something underhanded is ongoing without anyone actually asking the people involved..

These types of connections could cover all of the signage I have seen as there are many different supporters and business owners as there are candidates for this race. Just my .02

Badges?

Beach Comber
Mar 20, 2008
Badges,
I would gladly give examples: The Bayou Bill's Restaurant on highway 98, The Nick's on the Beach Restaurant on 30a, The Mexican Restaurant on highway 331 south in Freeport, that was formally Reddick's Restaurant. That is just a few examples for you badges.

I could be wrong but as far as I know, there is no Bayou Bill's Restaurant on Hwy 98. I don't know if you noticed but that particular business burned down several months ago. It is an empty lot. I haven't been to Nick's on 30A or up 331 in awhile so I don't know what is going on there. Thanks for your time.

I could be wrong but as far as I know, there is no Bayou Bill's Restaurant on Hwy 98. I don't know if you noticed but that particular business burned down several months ago. It is an empty lot. I haven't been to Nick's on 30A or up 331 in awhile so I don't know what is going on there. Thanks for your time.

I was in the neigborhood of Nicks ( a simply fabulous place to eat) and saw the Cornman signs......I also saw Adkinson and Cooper signs as well. Guess we'll disqualify all three from the race.:yikes::yikes:

If one is going to accuse fine, long established businesses of corruption and illegalities, one should be willing to produce more "proof" than sweetgal has thus far been willing/able to bring forward.:pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:

Last edited:

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
I think if we start pointing fingers at business that support candidates that will open another entire different can of worms. All candidates are being supported by various business in our area, to imply that one has been strong armed into it or is getting a benefit from it would be a good question to ask that business owner why they are choosing to support that person instead of an inference that something underhanded is ongoing without anyone actually asking the people involved..

These types of connections could cover all of the signage I have seen as there are many different supporters and business owners as there are candidates for this race. Just my .02

Agreed!

Should we not vote for someone who's signs are found almost exclusively in yards of wealthy people or vise versa? Where do you draw the line on something like that? And perhaps, Mr Cornman has been a pleasure to work with for those businesses? It doesn't imply for a minute that he did them any favors any more than it suggests he just did his job and did it well. That's all speculation on my part because I don't know him. I would hate to think that someone would judge a candidate whose sign I had up because they thought I would only put it there if they did me a favor.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Never mind the fact that Nick's on the Beach burned several years ago, albeit not to the ground...questioning why a candidate's signs are on Frank Nicks' property means you are not familiar with the Nicks family at all. :roll:

As previously stated, there is no Bayou Bills on Hwy 98 in Walton County at this time. But the owners of the property are well-known in Freeport, as are the Nicks, as is Tony and particularly his wife.

If you can't place signs on the property of people you know, where can you place them? The right-of-way?

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Never mind the fact that Nick's on the Beach burned several years ago, albeit not to the ground...questioning why a candidate's signs are on Frank Nicks' property means you are not familiar with the Nicks family at all. :roll:

As previously stated, there is no Bayou Bills on Hwy 98 in Walton County at this time. But the owners of the property are well-known in Freeport, as are the Nicks, as is Tony and particularly his wife.

If you can't place signs on the property of people you know, where can you place them? The right-of-way?
:roll: