• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

earl

Beach Lover
Mar 29, 2008
Sowal
Ya know Danny, I told you about some dirty little secrets that I know of tonight on some folks who have been (mmm how to say this)...rather vicious with their personal remarks towards my daughter, my private life, my EX husband and what I should have done or what it is they think I didn't do but I've held my place and my tongue because they are private citizens. I took the moral high ground and decided to keep their dirty little secrets. I didn't refer to lives their with sly innuendos and veiled threats to expose them because their lives have been just as cheapened as mine. There are things that happened in my life and in my past that I had no control over and was not responsible for. I refuse to accept responsibility for it because it had nothing to do with me. It didn't define me as a person then, and it doesn't define me now. I'm not ashamed and have moved on. I have raised a beautiful young woman (my daughter) who is successful in her own right and have a wonderful grand daughter that I think hung the moon. Those 2 are who and what defines me and my character.

I also told you tonight that what people are seeing on this board from those who simply troll here is desperation. These people that are desperate to hold onto keeping things just they way it's always been with back room deals, bought elections, threats and intimidation. That is unfortunately, what defines Walton County and it's been that way since even before the Quinn McMillan administration. Almost since my first day on this forum I've talked about corruption etc. and the lengths folks have gone to not only with myself personally but also against good honest people who really do want open, honest government. People (especially the good ole boys) that ridicule other people (private citizens) like Suzanne Harris, Alan Osborne, Frank Day, yourself and so many others who got in the way of taking back the power that belongs to all of us....the power to elect open, honest citizens, who want government operated in the Sunshine.

So really, if you look back on things I've said about how dirty this county is over the years and what I've said since I've been on SoWal, this has been a defining moment for me. Everything these folks have done and said over the last several weeks/months to trash me and my family, Suzanne, Alan and others is just EXACTLY what they have done ALL these years and there is NO BETTER TRUTH or PROOF than what's been written right here on this forum!

Take a bow @earl, take a bow @Born&Bread, take a bow @Phil Good, take a bow @Robert Nelson, take a bow @ Scott Brannon, take a bow @The Blue's Crew and all the other trolls. You all deserve a standing ovation for proving what I have always said was true! You folks have gone beyond great lengths to PROVE the truth! And the truth is, this is just the way it's always been!

Yes, I was defensive of my family and my private life and yes I did allude to illiterates and A$$es and yes I was warned about the Neanderthal comment I made (among other things) but in the overall scheme of things, anything I said was kind in comparison and I never went after your families or children.

So, I want to thank you ALL from the bottom of my heart and I mean that as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow. No sarcasm, no hate, no hostility just an open, honest and sincere thank you!

And last but not least let's get to you I have not attacked your family go back and read or your ex-husband whoever that is, what I have personally attacked is you and the reason why is black-and-white all you have to do is read some threads here. I think it's funny how you call me the troll and yet every morning I'll log on just to see the train wreck of comments and I have people like Danny G, Dave r, Allen o, and of all people Suzanne Harris posting about me personally. Comments like crickets, crickets, Bueller, Bueller. So please let me not fall too far off track but Dave if you ask for comments you will get them.

But just to clear things up here I don't work for,nor have I ever actually met Mr. blue well not personally anyways. everybody else on the site that attacks me have a little dark group together .Why do you call our generation a dark group when you were one of the same. You are not for the betterment of this county The only thing you want is to take and put your cronies in the big house so that you can change it to the ways that benefit you the most. And furthermore how in the world do you continue to stay on the site when you do is trash talk with your foul language and hateful comments. Have a good day I hope you can find in your heart to be nice today. You should really try, it's good for the soul.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Earl, I haven't argued with you. I certainly have not posted anything about you personally. How could I, I do not know who you are or anything about you. In fact, I have posted very little recently because I wish to talk about issues and there is very little of that lately. It is that lack of discussion of issues that caused me to post last evening. I did answer your post but in no way did I mean to demean or attack you and apologize if you got that impression. Again, I respect every candidate and want only to discuss issues not personalities.

Born&Bread

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2016
Santa rosa beach
Ya know Danny, I told you about some dirty little secrets that I know of tonight on some folks who have been (mmm how to say this)...rather vicious with their personal remarks towards my daughter, my private life, my EX husband and what I should have done or what it is they think I didn't do but I've held my place and my tongue because they are private citizens. I took the moral high ground and decided to keep their dirty little secrets. I didn't refer to lives their with sly innuendos and veiled threats to expose them because their lives have been just as cheapened as mine. There are things that happened in my life and in my past that I had no control over and was not responsible for. I refuse to accept responsibility for it because it had nothing to do with me. It didn't define me as a person then, and it doesn't define me now. I'm not ashamed and have moved on. I have raised a beautiful young woman (my daughter) who is successful in her own right and have a wonderful grand daughter that I think hung the moon. Those 2 are who and what defines me and my character.

I also told you tonight that what people are seeing on this board from those who simply troll here is desperation. These people that are desperate to hold onto keeping things just they way it's always been with back room deals, bought elections, threats and intimidation. That is unfortunately, what defines Walton County and it's been that way since even before the Quinn McMillan administration. Almost since my first day on this forum I've talked about corruption etc. and the lengths folks have gone to not only with myself personally but also against good honest people who really do want open, honest government. People (especially the good ole boys) that ridicule other people (private citizens) like Suzanne Harris, Alan Osborne, Frank Day, yourself and so many others who got in the way of taking back the power that belongs to all of us....the power to elect open, honest citizens, who want government operated in the Sunshine.

So really, if you look back on things I've said about how dirty this county is over the years and what I've said since I've been on SoWal, this has been a defining moment for me. Everything these folks have done and said over the last several weeks/months to trash me and my family, Suzanne, Alan and others is just EXACTLY what they have done ALL these years and there is NO BETTER TRUTH or PROOF than what's been written right here on this forum!

Take a bow @earl, take a bow @Born&Bread, take a bow @Phil Good, take a bow @Robert Nelson, take a bow @ Scott Brannon, take a bow @The Blue's Crew and all the other trolls. You all deserve a standing ovation for proving what I have always said was true! You folks have gone beyond great lengths to PROVE the truth! And the truth is, this is just the way it's always been!

Yes, I was defensive of my family and my private life and yes I did allude to illiterates and A$$es and yes I was warned about the Neanderthal comment I made (among other things) but in the overall scheme of things, anything I said was kind in comparison and I never went after your families or children.

So, I want to thank you ALL from the bottom of my heart and I mean that as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow. No sarcasm, no hate, no hostility just an open, honest and sincere thank you!
Honestly We are just tired of lies and want the facts to decide this race.

Born&Bread

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2016
Santa rosa beach
While I am not endorsing any candidate I think it fair to point out that among all the attacks there were some questions that were asked for Mr. Anderson and some of his people should answer them. I am sure that if you get a list of questions for Ms. Meadows her people will respond in kind. Maybe that way we can pull this election away from personal attacks and retorts and finally talk about issues and how we can make Walton County a better place for everyone. All these attacks have accomplished is to force the moderators to close threads and lock them so I was unable to thank Dave Rauschkolb for his kind words and to tell Earl that yes I did run, yes I did get beat and that as the old saying goes, "If at first you don't succeed, try again." When you run for office you give up the right to be offended and I am a big boy, if you want to attack me, so be it. But private citizens are just that, private. Dragging people's children and personal business into politics is inappropriate IMHO and people should stick to the issues. Private citizens should be able to express their political opinions without having their families and lives denigrated.
I understand what your saying. So lets discuss somethings. What is your opinion on the way the TDC has been ran in the last 8 years?

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I think the TDC has been very successful completing the task they have historically been given which is to put heads on the beds. The numbers speak for themselves. The fact is that they have been so successful that the numbers of tourists has outstripped the infrastructure that is needed to support those numbers. Our transportation system would be barely adequate in a rural setting, parking is almost non-existent in places, the amenities such as bathrooms, walkovers and picnic facilities are inadequate and public beach access as a whole is not capable of supporting the number of tourists and residents who wish to use the beaches. So, going forward I think we need to repurpose much of the TDC budget to address those problems that TDC funds can pay for and use tax dollars to augment those funds to catch up. We do not need more visitors until we have the infrastructure in place to support those visitors.

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
I think the TDC has been very successful completing the task they have historically been given which is to put heads on the beds. The numbers speak for themselves. The fact is that they have been so successful that the numbers of tourists has outstripped the infrastructure that is needed to support those numbers. Our transportation system would be barely adequate in a rural setting, parking is almost non-existent in places, the amenities such as bathrooms, walkovers and picnic facilities are inadequate and public beach access as a whole is not capable of supporting the number of tourists and residents who wish to use the beaches. So, going forward I think we need to repurpose much of the TDC budget to address those problems that TDC funds can pay for and use tax dollars to augment those funds to catch up. We do not need more visitors until we have the infrastructure in place to support those visitors.
I think it is immoral, and possibly illegal, to advertise [perfect] beaches when there are issues like inadequate parking, private beach trespassing, vendors elbowing out families, and unsafe septic tank pollution in the lakes and on the beach and in the gulf.

Born&Bread

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2016
Santa rosa beach
Valid points. I disagree with the hiring of Jim Bagbey. He was a sitting member of the Destin City Council. This was a conflict of interest. I think everyone can agree we don't want South Walton to be like Destin. I disagree with how the lastest board of TDC was put in placed. That whole BCC meeting that day was a spectacle of smoke and mirrors to get Cindy's picks in there. Mrs. Harris came in and yelled at the BCC and they caved and gave Cindy her motion to appoint the members. Let me add Bagbey Was Cindy's pick. He turned out awesome. Next if their job is to put heads in beds then why are they getting involved in beach rights and enforcing ordinances? Bed tax money should not go to this. Beach ordinance enforcement should be under the county. I think we should all go look at Bagbey's travel expenses. Outrageous!!! Talking about good ole boy system. The TDC was been Cindy's for the last 8 years. What about the BP gas cards? It's scandal after scandal up there. We need a District 5 commissioner that will shake things up. The TDC has done there job for putting heads in beds but that is it. They waste to much money. We can all agree the best kept secret that is called South Walton is no longer a secret. We need to use every dollar we can to protect our main asset, the beach. The county and TDC needs to buy every piece of beach and lots just north of 30a and make more public boardwalks and parking. I know they are ugly but we need some small well designed parking garages. I would rather see those then a person die being hit by a car on 30a. We need common sense and honesty in office. The last 8 years on the south end has been going in the wrong direction. It reminds me of when Cindy was in office before. Seems like a nice lady but in my humble opinion she is not what this county needs for leadership. More of the same gets you the same.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
The TDC debacle stemmed from Dawn Moliterno and Scott Brannon running that place like a club and bringing his personal attorney to the show. That is the same bunch that put Scott and Dawn in there, that is supporting Tony. That is Fact and now almost 6 of the last 8 years you bring up have had Cecilia jones involved. (Tony Recruiter and supporter) That means the results you disapprove of were 75% influenced and led by the regime you now support strengthening by electing Tony. You need to read what you wrote and understand time periods and who did what. I believe dawn was the highest paid employee in Walton County besides county attorney and meadows was the one who took out the trash. Cecilia wanted Bagby gone to protect beach vendors which is one of the reasons she wants Tony.