• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
There seems to be confusion on your end.

To my knowledge Mr. Bagby was never on the Destin City council, he'd have to live there for that to happen. He was employed by Rosemary as the town manager, is that perhaps where you got confused?

Also, the BP gift card issue was under Dawn's watch not Jim's and in fact he changed procedures after the investigation to prevent things from going missing.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I'm glad B&B raised the issue of the TDC Gift Cards. Many a County Employee received the cards, including County Administrator Larry Jones. He booked a tent camp site for about $15 at Topsail and then received a gift card as part of the program. Many simply made the reservation and never checked in at the parks.

Local State Park Employees also benefited from the gift card program too.

That program was an epic failure and reeks of corruption.

If there is a candidate that is going to work to prevent this sort of thing, they'll have my vote!

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
The TDC debacle stemmed from Dawn Moliterno and Scott Brannon running that place like a club and bringing his personal attorney to the show. That is the same bunch that put Scott and Dawn in there, that is supporting Tony. That is Fact and now almost 6 of the last 8 years you bring up have had Cecilia jones involved. (Tony Recruiter and supporter) That means the results you disapprove of were 75% influenced and led by the regime you now support strengthening by electing Tony. You need to read what you wrote and understand time periods and who did what. I believe dawn was the highest paid employee in Walton County besides county attorney and meadows was the one who took out the trash. Cecilia wanted Bagby gone to protect beach vendors which is one of the reasons she wants Tony.
TRUTH!!!

@Born&Bread you seem to mean well but you have things twisted. And the hyperbole about scandal after scandal is just not true.

Scott Brannon was a cluster and was created and supported by the same people as are behind the SBA and Tony Anderson. They buy elections and buy candidates.

The Our Generation PAC is very troubling. More people who are trying to buy elections. Are the same people behind it?

earl

Beach Lover
Mar 29, 2008
Sowal
Finally a little common since being talked great point John we have several things needing clean up around the county. So why are we still stuck on old news it hasn't work so far so why continue on with it . Everyone on here agrees we need change. And Danny your are also right we have out grown out infrastructure due to advertising, our beautiful beaches. The question is what can be done to fix it and who is going to stand firm and do just that. No matter which way you sway this same ole same is not working for the county as a whole ..

earl

Beach Lover
Mar 29, 2008
Sowal
TRUTH!!!

@Born&Bread you seem to mean well but you have things twisted. And the hyperbole about scandal after scandal is just not true.

Scott Brannon was a cluster and was created and supported by the same people as are behind the SBA and Tony Anderson. They buy elections and buy candidates.

The Our Generation PAC is very troubling. More people who are trying to buy elections. Are the same people behind it?
Well please straighten the facts out I would like to know what, why and who is gonna fix this mess

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Earl, remember it took 3 votes to get us where we are and 3 votes to change things. One commission candidate can tell us what they want to do but they need 2 more to get it accomplished. So to find who is to blame you would need to go back and find out exactly how the sitting commissioners voted. What specific votes do you think caused "this mess?" That is where you must start.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
There seems to be confusion on your end.

To my knowledge Mr. Bagby was never on the Destin City council, he'd have to live there for that to happen. He was employed by Rosemary as the town manager, is that perhaps where you got confused?

Also, the BP gift card issue was under Dawn's watch not Jim's and in fact he changed procedures after the investigation to prevent things from going missing.

Jim was on the Destin City Council while he was the TDC director.

He was also the Rosemary Town manager prior to being unanimously selected as the TDC Director.

He brought professional leadership to the TDC.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Well please straighten the facts out I would like to know what, why and who is gonna fix this mess
A Better South Walton – It's Worth the Effort

I really don't know much about the group but I know this is the natural next step in the evolution of a community that needs to step out of the rural shadows of good ole boy ways of doing things.

And yes any goverenment has problems but a fresh start is needed. IMO the Walton BCC will always have anchors around necks.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Honestly We are just tired of lies and want the facts to decide this race.

Where are these alleged facts?

I will give you a hint. My kids knew your daughter!!!

What does my daughter have to do with the alleged facts or the issues? In a word...nothing.

@earl wrote:
I think it's funny how you call me the troll and yet every morning I'll log on just to see the train wreck of comments and I have people like Danny G, Dave r, Allen o, and of all people Suzanne Harris posting about me personally. Comments like crickets, crickets, Bueller, Bueller.

I am responsible for what I say. I've owned it. I'm not responsible for anyone's comments or thoughts/opinions except my own.

@earl wrote:
everybody else on the site that attacks me have a little dark group together .Why do you call our generation a dark group when you were one of the same. You are not for the betterment of this county The only thing you want is to take and put your cronies in the big house so that you can change it to the ways that benefit you the most.

A dark group? Let me be clear. I am NOT a member of any dark group. I have never met Dave R. In all honesty, I think he cares very little about me or my opinions. I have personally met Suzanne Harris one (1) time. I have known of her since since she originally filed suit against Walton County for Sunshine violations and I have applauded the courage and conviction it took for her to do that. It's not easy to take on the "good ole boy" system here and walk away with any shred of dignity. I admire that she was and still is willing to subject herself to public ridicule, humiliation and the personal attacks on her character from people whom she has never met and who hide behind fake ID's. That takes REAL courage and one must admit she is a force to be reckoned with in one very tiny little package. I have personally met Alan Osborne one (1) time. Any other interaction I have had with him would have been at past BCC meetings where he spoke of the issues regarding Driftwood Estates which, he also sued the County over and won. If the truth were told, he gave the BCC ample opportunity to make right the wrongs that literally occurred in his own back yard and continue to occur to this day. As for Danny G, he will tell you himself that I told him last night (in fact) there was a time that I would NOT have turned a water hose on him if his backside was on fire. The difference between you and I in that regard is, I have not hidden behind my past disdain of him with a fake ID. I told him face to face and I called him out publicly for things I felt he did while drawing a paycheck from County government that he should never have done. I also believe that he has worked tirelessly to put his own demons behind him, move forward and try to make a real difference for a better Walton County including, open and honest government operated in the Sunshine. There are still things he and I disagree on but he extended the olive branch to communicate one on one to achieve the goals that will set Walton County on the right path and he has done it as himself, not some cowardly fake ID. Danny is also one of the very few nowadays that continues to attend every BCC he is able to attend, to be informed and actively work to try and make a difference. Kudos's for that! My only participation these days is to vote. and speak out and voice my opinion on issues I am concerned about on this forum and some on FB.

As for Our Generation....I had no idea who was behind those ads at first. I know now and if any of you had done the work you would know too but you are so busy blaming the wrong people, pointing fingers, hiding behind fake ID's attacking private citizens and spewing verbiage at anyone who disagrees with you and supporting people who have bought elections in this County that you couldn't be bothered to do the actual research! You don't deserve to know who is behind those ads. I do NOT agree with how the ads were done and I did NOT appreciate the half truths the ads implied but by golly they served a REAL purpose and the purpose was to bring to the light (or the Sunshine if you will) the issues that have plagued this County for more than 130 years of corruption, back room deals and dirty politics. The one thing the ads didn't do....they did NOT create open honest dialogue but they sure riled the "good ole boys" enough for ya'll to create fake ID's and go on the attack against private citizens. And that my dear was a VERY PREDICTABLE outcome.

"It's just the way it's done round here"! So again, Thank You again for that "enlightenment". Nothing has said it better!

Kudos, good job!

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
As for Our Generation....I had no idea who was behind those ads at first. I know now and if any of you had done the work you would know too but you are so busy blaming the wrong people, pointing fingers, hiding behind fake ID's attacking private citizens and spewing verbiage at anyone who disagrees with you and supporting people who have bought elections in this County that you couldn't be bothered to do the actual research! You don't deserve to know who is behind those ads. I do NOT agree with how the ads were done and I did NOT appreciate the half truths the ads implied but by golly they served a REAL purpose and the purpose was to bring to the light (or the Sunshine if you will) the issues that have plagued this County for more than 130 years of corruption, back room deals and dirty politics. The one thing the ads didn't do....they did NOT create open honest dialogue but they sure riled the "good ole boys" enough for ya'll to create fake ID's and go on the attack against private citizens. And that my dear was a VERY PREDICTABLE outcome.

You lost me right about here. Just not sure what you mean.