• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Underthebluemoon said:
I'm not worried anymore. It sounds like it'll be fine.

Any chance of finding a Starbucks close to Carillon? I'm an addict. It started out slow, one grande every once in a while. I drive about 1000 miles a week, so I started having one every afternoon. Now, I'm up to a Venti Coffee every afternoon, (that's EXTRA LARGE in Starbuck speak) with not one, but TWO shots of espresso in it. That's one Venti Red eye, every weekday.

My hands are shaking just reading this, not sure I can type ... :rotfl:

Sadly I believe you are about a year too early for Starbucks. One is supposed to open at nearby Pier Park, still under development, in 2007. (Along with Target :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: )

However, may I suggest the Fonville Press at Alys Beach for a quick coffee fix? It is not far. And go down another 5 miles and you have Beach Java in Seagrove. And when you really have to spend the bucks at 'Bucks, there is one at Grayton about 12 miles away ... a long drive maybe but never when it applies to Grayton. :love:

Carillon might also have a market that "carries Starbucks coffee," but maybe not espresso drinks. :dunno:

I have a friend from Kentucky who is a textbook buyer (also ran for U.S. Senate from KY and lost). His territory is GA/FLA, and because of the heating costs in KY in the colder months and the travel costs, he says it's cheaper for him to close up his home in KY and do a long-term rental on a house in Carillon. He's been doing this for several years and really likes it there.

I wouldn't attempt to ride bikes to Seaside with a 9-year-old. I've run from Rosemary in Seaside when I was in my best shape, but most people would find this to be a long bike ride. If nothing else, your booty would get really sore.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Hava Java is located next to the fountain on the Village Green in Downtown Carillon. Featuring hand-dipped Blue Bell ice cream, the finest in coffee, fresh baked pastries and dessert delights , sandwiches made with Boar's Head meats and cheeses, and the best smoothies on Panama City Beach!
Open daily at 7 AM.

Please come join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

This place is located in the shops at Carillon Underthebluemoon. Saw it last year!

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I'm a venti, double shot Starbucks too!! The Dunkin' Donuts close to my house makes a pretty mean cup of coffee too.

And btw, Carillon is beautiful and PCB is really ok. Not as swanky as the rest of Sowal but it IS o.k. Have a great time and check to make sure those boys don't sneak the Gameboy along. That's what my 15 y.o. did last week when we went to the Bahamas - talk about addicted!

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
My favorite is the White Chocolate Mocha. Venti size. Since you have a pool that is nice. And the basketball courts nice also. Do they like the Alvins Island stores? And of course, our favorite things are the waverunner tours and the scooter rentals. We might bring our bikes and go bike riding! We like PC Beach. Not the swanky type by any means. We do not mind driving around PC Beach. Might take a ride up 30A though to see what all is up there! :D

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Yes, I've had a few Starbuck's lids pop up and then off with a huge whoosh of that expensive coffee sloshing out all over my car's interior. Next car I get will have a coffe brown upholstery and carpet! Most of our Starbuck's are drive thru's and they are usually in a big hurry (albeit friendly) but they whip it out the window so fast that when you grab it, that's when the lid pop's off. I don't feel embarrassed about the double shot. I see so many weird requests and concoctions that the double shot is probably boring to them!

Let us know how Carillon is. We've tho't about renting there. Safe travels.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Carrilon is nice but I would park at the state park or at the Orange Street public beach and then bike...The Philips Inlet bridge does not look too safe to me for biking or any pedestrian....

i think that Carrilon is starting their Monday night concerts, that is nice sitting on the lawn...

30ARules

Beach Fanatic
Jan 16, 2006
Lawrenceville, GA
UTBM - We stayed in Carillon 2 years ago in the pink house next to the beach side pool. Loved the comunity. We rented a golf cart to ride around. Would load up the kids and truck it to the heated pool. Kids were to young to bike it, but you will love riding in the comunity itself. We did get Mochas at the Hava Java a few times! There was a sports bar in the town then, but I think it may be closed now. You will probobly not want to ride your bikes out of the comunity because it is right off of 98. You are right across the street from Publix and Winn dixie. I'm sure you will love it there. We made the trip into Seagrove and Grayton for our Angalinas and Red Bar fix.

Enjoy!:clap_1: