• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
many people who are regulars here were not here that long ago...I really wish we could get beyond this North South thing....
I don't think it is as much a north south thing as it is that she has reported to not be living in the district in which she is now running.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Barnhill won by a small marin with Barhill barely campaigning. Jerry's past actions was his downfall. Cecilia is perceived as a nice lady and she is u she is also the least qualified and the real commissioner will be Jerry.

Better order up a 6th commissioners chair.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Recently, I noticed Larry Jones' signs being posted at the base of some of the "adopt a highway" signs, which designate the volunteers responsible for cleaning the right of ways. John R, it is a little late, but what do you say that we get a gang together to clean your section of hwy 98 tomorrow morning?

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
SJ - the only thing north/south about it is name recognition. Every other candidate has one big disadvantage - she is know to them warts and all. All of the others are unknown to them - they will vote for her for that reason.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
A moving road is the least of your worries.

This is not an attack on Osborn - just political reality. Osborne openly states "it's personal" and it truly is. He will attempt to do what he says - he will have to learn to count to three. The remaining 4 commissioners really do not like him u he has burned alot of bridges in the past - and he will find that counting to three is difficult if not impossible.
Alan has repeatedly counted to three, for four years now. He is tired of counting, and rightly so.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
He may be tired of counting, but he has never been able to count to three - the best he has done is count to one many times.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
interested girl, it is obvious to me that you have not attended any of the BCC meetings when Alan spoke. Your statement is indeed negative campaigning, and is without merit.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Believe me I am not campaining. Just trying to have an open discussion about the race and the strategies involved. I have no tag line at the bottom of my posts indicating a choice for a particular candidate.

I have a view point on the strategies involved and that is all.