• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Read this AM on WJHG.com that Mr Barker was on a paid administrative leave and was being investigated prior to resigning. Saying that let me say this for some of the folks who commented earlier. That could be viewed as QOBF (quit or be fired) if it is true. Also, it seems that when this all blew up the Sheriff did not advise that there was an investigation ongoing concerning Mr Barker and that he would tell some of you folks that he does not see this as newsworthy. Full disclosure, I did not vote for the Sheriff but do believe he is doing a good job. In my opinion there seems to be some crow being served, if this story is to be believed

There seems to be a rather cavalier attitude throughout Walton County government regarding the public's right to know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about it's government in a timely manner. There also seems to be a lack of appreciation for the public records laws.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
Hmmmmmmm, who needs to check whose sources?
:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

Exactly where does this account state that he was forced to resign ?

Original Post "I heard this afternoon that Mr. Barker, Walton County's Emergency Management Coordinator was forced to resign last week and replaced with someone with zero EM experience. Is this true and if so, does anyone have any more information?"

I stand by my statement that he was not forced to resign.

Look before you leap !

:boxing:

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Are you kidding me?

He was on paid administrative leave, under investigation, and then resigned. :roll:

Obviously it was a 100% independent and unrelated choice to quit. :sarc:

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Exactly where does this account state that he was forced to resign ?

Original Post "I heard this afternoon that Mr. Barker, Walton County's Emergency Management Coordinator was forced to resign last week and replaced with someone with zero EM experience. Is this true and if so, does anyone have any more information?"

I stand by my statement that he was not forced to resign.

Look before you leap !

:boxing:

Go and read the WJHG website, that's where the report is.

Walton County is not very good at releasing info - this Sheriff has been light years ahead of the last one, though.

Whenever I've complained about this, folks here tell me to call up the county and ask someone (which is apparently more efficient than the county releasing the general information to the public?), but I have called my commissioner for clarification and gotten misinformation. So, there's no real way to find out what's going on.