Chic Filet, PCB

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by Teresa, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    I have a warm spot in my heart for Chick-Fil-A. We frequented the first Chick-Fil-A in Hapeville when Truitt Cathy was behind he counter. The Chick-Fil-A family has been major contibutors to my Mom's church, Southwest Christian Church at the Washington Road exit on I-285 near the intersection with I-85 in southwest Atlanta. Their headquarters are nearby, so a lot of their employees attend this church.

2. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

I had no idea. I could see that they have a good corporation going, and it seems to be a nice place to work, etc. but damn! they have the right idea all the way around!!!:clap:

3. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

Chick-fil-a is my all time favorite fast food place. You can ask Mr. OL..an old past time of ours is "chasing the chicken" (nothing dirty I promise) on vacation. When we were in Maryland we saw a Chick-fil-a road sign and got off on the appropriate exit. It was in Cumberland and we followed the signs but never found it. I was so bummed. I wouldn't be satisfied until we found another. We hadto drive another hour and half before we finally found one. :clap:You might remember one of our vacation pics from last year where Mr OL was walking into one. I think Jessifunn asked..what...haven't you ever seen a chick-fil-a before?:D Oh, and I can tell ya, if you miss the one outside Nashville coming home form Sowal on 65...you have HOURS before you hit another.

It's an awesome Christian organization. For years we didn't have any of the restaurants up here. We only got to eat there on our drive during vacations. We got our first one in the mall about 10 years ago and a few others have popped up since. We don't have it too often but I can see how you would get tired of it. I always get mine deluxe with extra pickle. The waffle fries are a nice change of pace but the cole slaw is da bomb!!! It's my very favorite cole slaw of anywhere.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  4. kathydwells

kathydwells Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname

OL, put the cole slaw on the chicken sandwich....it is so YUMMY!!!!! :wave:

5. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

well, OL, I didn't know you could get a "deluxe" sandwich, and I've never tried the slaw. I shall next time!!!

I always always always order #1 combo. and that is about all I've ever had there. I just love that sandwich with nothing but mayo and ketchup. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. don't think I could get tired of the place if I would just try the other stuff.

6. kathydwells

kathydwells Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname

If you put the cole slaw on the sandwich...then you don't need the mayo. ;-) It is the best slaw ever!!!!!!

7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Beach Fanatic

Oops, I just remembered. Duh, silly me.

Talking to someone from Georgia about Chick-Fil-A is like talking to someone from East TN about Ruby Tuesday or someone from Chattanooga about Crystal.

8. Minnie

Minnie Beach Fanatic

For fast food, their chicken salad sandwich is very good. As OL, said they are great for when you travel the interstate systems, as you know what to expect and that it will be clean and friendly. :clap:

9. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

I'd have to order 2.;-) One for the sammy, one plain.:D

#7 deluxe. Deluxe is just tomato and lettuce. I add everything and make it pretty messy.

Also, I swear I remember reading that the sandwich is only 6 points on weight watchers. Too late to look it up but I know it is a little healthier than most fast food joints. I don't care for the grilled as much as the fried. of course:roll:

10. DD

DD SoWal Expert

Fried....ahhhhh....

11. Jdarg

Jdarg SoWal Expert

Speaking of fried chicken, we had Lee's Famous Recipe on the beach last night. After an afternoon on the beach, fried chicken and biscuits tasted wonderful!

12. NoHall

NoHall hmmmm......can't remember

After reading this thread, guess where I'm stopping for lunch before my haircut--yum!

13. rapunzel

rapunzel Beach Fanatic

I have been told by a dietician that if you cut off 1/4 of the sandwich, and order it with the salad, it's a perfectly healthy meal. It's fried in a pressure fryer, so it cooks quickly and doesn't absorb much oil so it's not half as bad as your typical fried food.

Maybe I should take SJ with me, so my 1/4 sandwich could augment his meal.

Ah, to be tall....

Whenever I leave a restaurant not full, I give myself a little gold star and feel all proud of myself....

14. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear
    I had never heard about the wheat roll before... I will know to ask for it next time! I am not sure if I am strong enough to tell them to hold the butter though. Chick fil A is the only fast food I can stand, and that PCB store has "rescued" me several times during trips to HD for pine straw. :clap:

15. tistheseason

tistheseason Beach Fanatic

16. InletBchDweller

InletBchDweller SoWal Insider

This thread is making me want some CFA!! the biscuits are so yummy!!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  17. DuneLaker

DuneLaker Beach Fanatic

Maybe Buddy's at 98 and 30A could add a Chick-Fil-A to its site when it does some remodeling. Would be nice to have one closer. It is an excellent business opportunity. Good corporate backup, training, etc. And... the food and service is great.

18. butterbean

butterbean Beach Fanatic

I likes to put that carrot salad on my Chic sand. Ate at Lee's Famous today, sorryfolks, it was awful. Breading still doughy and uncooked, makes the Colonel's Original look good, and I gave him up years ago.

19. ShallowsNole

ShallowsNole Beach Fanatic

I hate to hear that. We enjoy Lee's frequently, but I tend to stick with their chicken fingers.

20. lindatat

lindatat quirty

No Chick-fil-a up north here in Chicago - I always love to stop at one on our trips down to Sowal and it's a very pleasant change of pace. I like that they have some healthy options for sides and I haven't stopped at one yet that wasn't clean and well maintained.