• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
go east on back beach, Bay county, just past big daddys BBQ (cant miss the yellow building) take a right (south) at the carosel sign/billboard. It is a small grocery on front beach road. Great meat, good produce, cold beer, wonderful wine selection, cute inexpensive gift shop and liquor store next door. You gotta go!
AND if you go any day but Wed, before 3:00, go a little East of Carosel and get some of the best doughnuts at Thomas'!!:clap_1:

RiverOtter's thoughts being mind read: "You mean they don't cook it for you? :dunno:"

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
IBD...I suggest you start a field trip and start taking us to PCB and showing us the sights. I think we are ready!!! :D
OK next week, I have another great grocery store IN panama city. You will never forget the experience, but the prices are great!!

I've been there for their wine and liquor. (Great prices on that stuff!) How did I miss the fact that they have meat??????????????:dunno:
In the very back of the store is the meat, if they dont have what you want they will cut it for you if they have it in stock. Or call ahead.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Okay, we can go and then pick up Little ibd from school. She would freak!!! :clap_1:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
oh yes, she asks about you ALL THE TIME. She was sad that she missed the kickball game...I will check my schedule
Okay, we can go and then pick up Little ibd from school. She would freak!!! :clap_1:

I have actually never eaten there, but have read good reviews of it.
I've never eaten there either, even though I go to Lenox so often that "back in the day" when I didn't have a cell phone, if someone called the house on Saturday and we didn't answer, they'd call the cosmetics department at Neiman's to ask them to find me (they have a direct view of one wing of Lenox).

I have heard it's good, but the last time it was reviewed by the AJC was 1999 (3 stars).

Last edited:

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
It sounds nice. But not really what I want when I'm at the beach. Sounds a little business dinnerish. Any word on other restaurants that will be going in there? I heard a pizza place. I'd like to see more casual, family friendly places open up on that end. Any restauranteurs out there willing to make me happy?:dunno:

The pizza place is leased in Village of South Walton and I think it is called McTighe's. I heard it is being done by a former Mellow Mushroom owner/franchisee.