• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I think others are also contemplating a similar move with campaign run.

I heard a rumor that the late G.R.Miller's wife (Dawn) was going to make a run for a county commission seat in 2016. If true, 2016 is going to be an interesting year for politics.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Suzanne Harris as a Walton County Commissioner would be a total disaster!!!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Aside from casting aspersions on existing public officials, what exactly is Ms. Harris's campaign platform?

I'll give you this one tip: Private Beach don't fly north of the bay.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
This is not about private beach. We need MORE public beach and MORE parking for locals as well as our visitors who are not able to rent beach front properties. I can assure you I will listen to all of the people. I will never try to shut the public down when they try to speak. This government has far too long been for a certain few and NOT for the average citizen of Walton County. I have attended most all Commissioner meetings and it is sad the way citizens are spoken to by some commissioners and people on our boards when they come to speak.

I am for OPEN HONEST GOVERNMENT DONE IN THE SUNSHINE NOT HIDDEN ON CONSENT AGENDAS. I think our county employees make far to little. Some that are special friends of higher ups make far too much. You will hear all about my plans and ideas as soon as I file. Picking up packet today. If I did not believe we need new commissioners I would never consider moving to Mossey Head to run against Bill. If you are sick of the same old same old, then you should at least get to know me and what I stand for.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, I CAN NOT BE BOUGHT

Suzanne Harris

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Platform of not being bought by local developers and their buddy's would be good.

As would privatization of the TDC.

As would holding the county and its employees accountable.

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Well, I do not plan to sit down and shut up. I am NOT out for revenge, I am going to run against Bill Imfield. Scott has nothing to do with this. I just want HONEST GOVERNMENT done in the SUNSHINE.
That kind of talk can win my vote, nice performance tonight at the Planning Meeting. TY and More power to ya!

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
It will be 14 years ago tomorrow 9/11 our country was attached. Please take time tomorrow a few minutes before 9am to remember those who lost their lives and the heros that worked round the clock. Our country is no safer today than we were 14 years ago. Please teach the children too young to remember just what can happen when you least expect it . Be proud to be an American .

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Many on this forum seem to want to run the county. Why don't some of you run for the county commission?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Who'd want to run for a term set for an impending indictment? No one, unless you have a set of balls with back up.

Face it, we run and allow a corrupt local govnt. "CoWal". Corrupt Walton. Been here since sheriff Quinn had his dope patches...

This area was built on a great corrupt scheme of moving fees and taxes around as much as a carnival Barker does at a boardwalk shell game. Now ya all see me, now y'all don't!!!

Walton County was built on the principals of go along to get along...

Time to cut the umbilical cord...

Bloodly, but a necessary surgical procedure.

Sheriff, please do the honors....OK State Attorney too.