• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I guess the most telling part of this is what the "manual calculation" was.

While I understand the need for people to immediately go to Illuminati style meetings in the woods surrounding Defuniak I'm betting it had something to do with simplifying tax collection back when they used abacuses and actual beans.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The Tax Collectors Office was able to give me the total for 5 years.

After the meeting Commissioner Imfeld and I had a very "heated discussion" concerning efforts to recover some or all of the money. I got no definitive answer.

I know that County Administrator Jones has known of this since July of 2014. I have a letter from Rhonda Skipper notifying him of the issue.

2. I have a copy of the 2014 Distribution Reconciliation Report sent to the Office of Management & Budget showing the distribution to the City of DFS so I know they were aware.

3. A simple reconciliation at the OMB on the "budgeted" vs "Distributions received" would have shown the difference and questions asked of the Tax Collector SHOULD have discovered this annually by the Director in place at that time including then OMB director Imfeld.

I'm posting this on my phone a it won't allow me to upload all of the documents. I will do that from my computer later.

Why am I not surprised that Jones knew? Hmmm, maybe because I think he knows allot more than he's telling. Why am I also not surprised that Imfeld's reaction suggests he also knew? Again, its one of those things where he was in charge of fiance and should have known but didn't.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
1914 was 101 years ago and not many years after Southwest Washington County became South Walton.

What does the City of DeFuniak say??

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
1914 was 101 years ago and not many years after Southwest Washington County became South Walton.

What does the City of DeFuniak say??

I don't think the actual payment was made until 1915 but not going to quibble over a year. I doubt the City Attorney will say much but watch what happens when the County doesn't pay it. I smell another frivolous lawsuit in the making.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I bet DFS cannot account for the money and where it went. Any takers?

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Email after discussion from Mark Davis ! Notice its sent to the head of OMB, County Administrator and Cory Godwin !

And they say they didn't know ????????

Mark Davis

cleardot.gif
Sep 29
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me, Cory, Larry, Melissa
cleardot.gif

Dear Bob:

This is where I think we are on this issue. There is no Interlocal Agreement and absent one, Melissa will not be distributing fund and the Tax Collector will not be collecting funds. By copy of this to Cory and Melissa, I ask that they let me know if my understanding is incorrect.

Mark

Mark D. Davis
County Attorney
Office Of The County Attorney

161 East Sloss Avenue
DeFuniak Springs, FL 32433
Telephone (850) 892-8110

This letter was sent to Larry Jones on July 13th - Guess he doesn't read his mail - Don't tell me they didn't know !!!!
Facsimile (850) 892-8471RB2.jpg

By now you would think they KNOW I'm not going to just sit on something like this ! Fair warning was given !

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The City was unaware until this morning !!!!

Those who actually sit in City offices and do their job may not have known but how much would you like to bet Clayton Adkinson absolutely knew?

I'm having a hard time believing someone in the City didn't know...how do you reconcile book keeping practices if you don't know where the money comes from to reconcile them??