• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
District 5 doesn't represent anything north of the bay, so I don't know why Cindy would have been pushing for it. The proposed condo is in Brannon's district, if I'm not mistaken.

The prevailing fear among the public about this project is that, if this goes through, there will be more to come in the future and soon the north shore of Choctawhatchee Bay will be littered with them. Meanwhile, those who have lived on and near the Bay all of their lives will be squeezed out. Gee, there's something about that scenario that sounds familiar! :roll:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I seriously doubt this project would happen today if the decision were reversed. I wouldn't sweat any development on the north side of the bay any time soon.

District 5 doesn't represent anything north of the bay, so I don't know why Cindy would have been pushing for it. The proposed condo is in Brannon's district, if I'm not mistaken.

The prevailing fear among the public about this project is that, if this goes through, there will be more to come in the future and soon the north shore of Choctawhatchee Bay will be littered with them. Meanwhile, those who have lived on and near the Bay all of their lives will be squeezed out. Gee, there's something about that scenario that sounds familiar! :roll:

Doesn't that smack of hypocracy? I don't care whether I like the project or not, if there was no height restriction before application they shouldn't change the rules later.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I could have sworn that it was Meadows or Comander that was pushing for the height restriction. I don't remember a single news report stating that Brannon had anything to do with it.

It definitely wasn't Meadows, as she is against height limitations. (no, I didn't mistype that.)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Doesn't that smack of hypocracy? I don't care whether I like the project or not, if there was no height restriction before application they shouldn't change the rules later.

So if you begin to build a house, such as the Hilton house in Seagrove, ten years ago, should you be exempt from any building codes which came into place since that time period, even though the building isn't complete?

So if you begin to build a house, such as the Hilton house in Seagrove, ten years ago, should you be exempt from any building codes which came into place since that time period, even though the building isn't complete?

Yes, if that's what the law on the matter says.

Right now the law says the permit date governs the code the permitter is building to. Have you heard the term grandfathering? It's tied to fairness doctrines, dual process and the Florida Constitution.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I have heard of grandfathering. That is how we ended up with the two high-rise structures standing out in Seagrove, one of which is visible from the 331 bridge.