• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

noplacelikehome

Beach Comber
Dec 18, 2008
South Walton
Its people like you who are always going to think they are right no matter what is said, done, or written......that mislead the public. Seems you take this one personally, why? Blackshear removed the requirement for compatibility. Check your facts. The BCC didn't follow their own code. Check your facts. If you were in the position that these applicants were in and were told you could progress it fits all requirements, wouldn't you? Your banter gets old and some are sick of it. With you being an realtor, it would be a person like you to only gain from a project that would enhance the area. Why would the commission turn anything down in a "down" economy. That's the bigger issue here...any one ask if any of the commissioners have competing projects or are involved in some way with those projects? Hmmmmm.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
So, Smiling JOe, you don't think it is wrong for the county planning department to lead these people on for two years and say they can do what they want because they are following the code only then to have the BCC shut it down. Then you are saying the BCC is untouchable and you agree? The county commissioners don't have to follow the rules but we as citizens do? I'm confused here, do you want your property rights taken from you? So what's yours is mine? Wow that would be awesome....when can we meet....more for me. Also, wisdom tells me that you should do your homework on the whole process of what went on in those two years prior to denial before spouting off.

Everybody screams about property rights, but they also seem to forget about property responsibility. As SJ said someone could have a pig pen next door to the development and I'm sure that the developers would raise cane over something like that.

Honestly I think it would be hysterical at this point for the county to say go for it, but you've got 2 years to complete the project. This was actually a blessing that they didn't get approval, would they actually even be breaking ground if given the opportunity?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Its people like you who are always going to think they are right no matter what is said, done, or written......that mislead the public. Seems you take this one personally, why? Blackshear removed the requirement for compatibility. Check your facts. The BCC didn't follow their own code. Check your facts. If you were in the position that these applicants were in and were told you could progress it fits all requirements, wouldn't you? Your banter gets old and some are sick of it. With you being an realtor, it would be a person like you to only gain from a project that would enhance the area. Why would the commission turn anything down in a "down" economy. That's the bigger issue here...any one ask if any of the commissioners have competing projects or are involved in some way with those projects? Hmmmmm.

I'm curious what your ownership percentage of Jolly Bay LLC. is?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You are making a lot of assumptions, especially like the statement that I would benefit from such a project being approved, and that the project will improve the area. Save your rant for trial.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I'm curious what your ownership percentage of Jolly Bay LLC. is?
my guess is that he is 50%. He is probably living on the property and cuts the grass to prove it. (inside joke -- I guess you would have to be there when the applicant burst out during one of the meetings, and Commissioner Jones had to ask council to put the applicant in check.)

noplacelikehome

Beach Comber
Dec 18, 2008
South Walton
These comments you put out are laughable. No involvement, just a concerned citizen who has been watching this and other projects go through the county's game playing....signing off on this ridiculous rant...as you call it.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You state that Ms Blackshear, "removed the requirement for compatibility." However, she doesn't have authority to do such a thing. She cannot be selective as to which parts of the Code she wants to follow.

So you aren't the applicant, and are not the applicant's hired guns, you obviously didn't attend the meetings, and are getting your information third-hand.

That depends. Are you wondering how you can get neighbors' thoughts, or the County's. Also, when you say "prior to submitting for the DO," do you mean to the Planning Dept, Planning Commission, or the BCC?

Sorry Smiling Joe. I wasn't asking you. When I ask you questions you obfuscate instead of answering. I suppose you think I don't deserve direct answers when I ask you something clear. Reciprocity is a value not seen much in people anymore.

In the past you asked me point blank questions. Whether the answer had positive or negative impact on my point doesn't matter to me. Being clear and truthful does.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Nothing to do with that. You asked about something which was irrelevant to the decision made by the BCC, trying to tie the two together. This project wasn't rejected because of building height.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I have some property I want to develop. How can I show you my plans prior to submitting for the Development Order so I can get your thoughts on what I should do?

I have no doubt you have property you might want to develop. Depends on where the property is. It boils down to one word that you claim is not a requirement - COMPATIBILITY.

If I decided to put a multi-story condominium on my property on the bay in Point Washington, I would expect that my neighbors would oppose it. I would ALSO expect the BCC to value public opinion and deny my project.

Perhaps I am just stuck in my perception of the way things were and the way things should be in the future. I'm still having issues with the nice new houses and townhomes on Thompson Road...

P.S. I am off today, so my personal statements are just that - personal. In case anyone wonders.

Last edited: