• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
"Otha Brotha", SIL, and I enjoyed yet another OUTSTANDING meal at D&K's last night. The stuffed shrimp & tasso grits appetizer is so heavenly that next visit I'll be getting a double order for my meal!! Finally left a pinch of room for dessert & we shared the Chocolate Pecan Praline Torte for dessert (w/ whip cream instead of ice cream)...to die for!!!

Thanks Again Doug, Kat, Jamie & Team for another extraordinary experience :love:

Awwwww Dune-AHH I missed you!:bang: And I so enjoyed our last visit!!!!! Hope the "Otha Brotha" liked it as much as you do!!!!:welcome: SIL!

Please keep me your prayers as I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome :yawn: :yawn: and Fibromyalgia:bicycle: that popped it's ugly head again!!!!! Just need to get some rest then I will be back to myself.

:bow: Thank you for supporting us and your cheerful posts on SoWal make me laugh. :funn::rotfl: The best medicine!!!!;-)

Hope to see you again in the future.

:love: :love: Kat:wave:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:drool: :drool: We have a new dessert coming for dinner.....YummY! I'll post a picture
soon. Our new Chef, John Sallman, who was a chef at Cafe Provence for 3 years is creating our own D&K's New Orleans traditional Bread Pudding.....and of course that wonderful bread comes from Gambino's!!!!!

:bow: :clap: :bow: Thanks to Beachbummett and her table of par-tayers on Saturday night. They are always so much FUNN! Let's see.......Peter, Allifunn, CorkontheOcean, goofer44 and a new couple (who moved here from New Orleans years back) made up this GRAYT table. I :love: You All! :bow:

It was such a wild night that I even had a couple of SoWal (Cafe Lurkers):rotfl: that didn't let me know they were in until they were walking out the door. You know who you are.........and now I know who you are. But don't worry...."What happens at D&K's stays at D&K's"!

More D&K News Coming Soon! (Jazz music for D&K's?????):roll: Only the Shadowman :ninja: knows.:cool:

:love: Kat:welcome:

Chef John with Doug below.....and Beachbummett's table, but I don't have the New Orleans's couple's picture!!!! :bang: And, I really enjoyed getting to know them.

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
AWWWWWWW....Kat it's you that make it so special. Those pictures are from the night FFF, goofer44 and ms goofer44 dined with y'all. Fabulous as usual. That was one of my birthday nights!

This past Saturday night we had a fantastic evening at D & K. Karen & Maunsel are the couple from New Orleans, he has been coming to our beautiful beach since he was 8 months old in the 50's. He is the one that sends me all the vintage pictures from SoWal.

We were joined by Cork, Afunn and goofer44. We all ate so much wonderful food we had to be wheelbarrowed out! We started with the seafood dip and the wonderful crusty bread, can I just get that as my main course next time? I had the ribeye which was cooked to perfection with the oysters lightly battered and cooked just right. We so enjoyed all of the wonderful desserts you brought out to us Kat. You are soooo sweet!:love: We had banana's foster, the slapyomama key lime pie and that chocolate brownie and chunky monkey was to die for! Can't wait to see you next week.

Last edited:

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
KAT

we had a grayt time saturday nite. your hospitality makes everyone feel right at home. the only difference is that you guys can really cook !!! those desserts that beachbumett mentioned were outrageous !! i don't know which one i liked better, the bananas foster cheesecake or the choc cake with the chunky monkey. mrs. goofer will be down aug 13 so we will stop by that week. :clap: :clap:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
KAT

we had a grayt time saturday nite. your hospitality makes everyone feel right at home. the only difference is that you guys can really cook !!! those desserts that beachbumett mentioned were outrageous !! i don't know which one i liked better, the bananas foster cheesecake or the choc cake with the chunky monkey. mrs. goofer will be down aug 13 so we will stop by that week. :clap: :clap:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :love: :love: :love: To YOU g44!;-) :clap: :clap:

bamabeachbum

Beach Fanatic
May 31, 2006
Decatur,Alabama
:drool: :drool: We have a new dessert coming for dinner.....YummY! I'll post a picture
soon. Our new Chef, John Sallman, who was a chef at Cafe Provence for 3 years is creating our own D&K's New Orleans traditional Bread Pudding.....and of course that wonderful bread comes from Gambino's!!!!!

BREAD PUDDING

Oh dear lord I LOVE BREAD PUDDING!!!!:eek: :leaving:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Yep, bamabeachbum that's me too :leaving: getting to the kitchen as soon as I hear there's a tasting of desserts going on. Chef John is almost there with the bread pudding....we want it to be the BEST! Of course he's having to work with a broken wrist :sosad: poor thing. But, he's soooo good at what he does you would never know his wrist had surgery on it just weeks ago.

Have met some "low keyed" SoWallers in the last few nights for dinner and days for lunch. I almost have to twist their arms to reassure them it's okay to post.....everyone is friendly. :welcome: :wave: :love:

See you soon! YAYYYYYY It's Saturday!!!!!!!! Hope everyone has a grayt weekend!!!!
:love: :wave: Kat