• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

OhioBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
MidWest OH
luvthebeach said:
Wow...Didn't realize vehicles were allowed anywhere on Seagrove Beach! :shock:
The waltontaxcollector site notes that both Seagrove and Walton Park areas mentioned in the ordinance are currently closed.

GraytonBound

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
The Nooga
on the contrary thumper i think you did a good job of furthering this conversation without being too argumentative.....you stated your opinion & didnt blast anyone for theirs

as i have nothing else to add i will gladly sit back & read the opinions of others.....thanks

lurker1

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2005
SoWal
I understand and respect why some don't like it. At first I was a bit taken aback by what I thought was an obnoxious thing. It is difficult to defend on an intellectual basis. However, it seems that it is a long-standing priveledge of living here. While there was once many places to drive on the beach, Grayton is the last. As long as it's permitted, I'll do it.

Yes, some drive too fast, because they have "street" tires. I worry that there will someday be a tragic incident. But dang, admit it, isn't it cool to leave all your chairs and beach toys loaded in a dedicated beach-mobile? Just climb in and go!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I wish I felt up to posting and reading more. I will post some thoughts on this subject later. I have food poisoning and have been out of it since about 1:00am this morning. Hopefully, I will recover in the next day or two and will be coherent enough to voice my thoughts in a clear way. I have read this thread, and hear very valid points, but will later, try to clear up some things for you guys. Keep writing your opinions. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas, but feel too crappy to write. I will throw out a thread for you to read in the meantime. It may be a little vague to most of you, but perhaps you can further research the info regarding the lease from the state to the County and driving priviledges. I bet Kurt is aware of this, hence his thoughts mentioned earlier regarding Grayton Beach going back to a beautiful and natural area.

Best to All

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
I wish I felt up to posting and reading more. I will post some thoughts on this subject later. I have food poisoning and have been out of it since about 1:00am this morning.

Ohmygosh SJ....hope you're feeling better soon! Food poisoning...I've been there, done that, and it is absolutely the most awful feeling. :sosad: Take care!

P.S. Hopefully you didn't get sick from any SoWal restaurant! It'd definitely be a reason to take that name off of the "great restaurants" list!

Yeah, but you know, if seafood is involved, food poisoning can happen at the best of restaurants or seafood vendors. About five years ago I was sick for an entire month after eating bad shrimp from Shrimpers, but I've only heard good things about that place since then. Stuff happens.

Hope you feel better, SJ.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Grayton Beach was beautiful this evening. No sun, very still and flat, cloudy and monotone, with an obscured moon. Lots of sea critters out. I saw many birds, fish, crabs, and a sting ray. The lake is still open to the Gulf and probably would have closed in the next day or two but we got a lot of rain today.

The beach and dunes from the State Park on the east of Western Lake all the way over to Gulf Trace is nearly clean with just a few big pieces of debris (lumber) that I can't get in my truck.

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Beach Runner said:
Yeah, but you know, if seafood is involved, food poisoning can happen at the best of restaurants or seafood vendors. About five years ago I was sick for an entire month after eating bad shrimp from Shrimpers, but I've only heard good things about that place since then. Stuff happens.

But I bet you haven't been back there since, right?! At least that's how I feel about the place where I got my food poisoning! The only other time I got food poisoning, it was totally my fault. It was in the middle of summer many years ago, and the a/c wasn't working in our car. We had stopped by a well-known yummy Italian sandwich shop in the city and picked up a couple of their special sandwiches, topped with lots of mayo. It was about a 45 minute drive back home. Hadn't even thought about the fact that the sandwiches had sat in the back of the car, with the temp outside nearly 100 degrees! Luckily my son was a baby, so he didn't eat any. My husband was okay with his. But me........ugh! I'd never felt so sick in all my life! :eek:

LOL. It's sort of like when I was a kid and ate too many Reese's and got sick. Even now when I look at a Reese's, it makes me nauseated.

Uh-oh! We're A.D.D.'ing - getting off the topic of this thread. I guess we get a grade of F for not adhering to the theme. :rotfl:

Last edited: