• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

South Walton Community Council

Community Organization
Jan 17, 2007
www.southwaltoncc.org
As you know our Board of County of Commissioner District 4 seat will be decided in the August 23rd primary election and every vote is going to matter.

We know that being informed about the candidates positions on community matters is important to you, so we wanted to let you know about two upcoming Town Hall Forums.

These forums are sponsored by the DeFuniak Springs Business and Professional Association and South Walton Community Council.

All 3 BCC Candidates are CONFIRMED to attend both nights of the Town Hall Forum!

The Town Hall will be held July 26th & July 28th at 6:30pm and are being held virtually. You can attend from the comfort of your home, via phone, tablet or computer.

Mark Your Calendars now!! The links to join the online event are below.

Click the link below to attend July 26th @6:30pm:

Link to join Webinar
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85120508096
PASSCODE: 452598

Click the link below to attend July 28th @6:30pm:
Link to join Webinar
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8330820469
PASSCODE: 20224.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Have we got a straight answer as to who is pro or con customary use? I'm pretty sure Donna Johns is against it given Suzanne Harris' (who I think backs Johns)relentless trashing of her opponent Chas. Galloway(who is all in favor of customary use). Not sure where Buchanan stands.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Have we got a straight answer as to who is pro or con customary use? I'm pretty sure Donna Johns is against it given Suzanne Harris' (who I think backs Johns)relentless trashing of her opponent Chas. Galloway(who is all in favor of customary use). Not sure where Buchanan stands.
QUESTION #13:
DO YOU HAVE ANY FRESH PERSPECTIVES ON HOW TO DEAL WITH THE CUSTOMARY USE ISSUE? AND WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT RECENT ACTIONS TO PLAN AND FINANCE BEACH RENOURISHMENT?

CHARLES GALLOWAY
I’ve supported customary use from the beginning and I will always support it. I fully support any effort for beach renourishment.

DAVID BUCHANAN
Customary use is a prime example of how the county should have worked better to resolve these issues in a more effective way at the onset. This issue will be resolved in the court so depending on that decision we can try to move forward as a more united Walton County to address the concerns of our residence. There is non-private beach available in Walton county that currently sees little to no use. This would help to alleviate some of our beach related problems, including traffic on 30A.

DONNA JOHNS
Yes, I believe there is a way to make this a win-win. Many beach front owners do not mind someone sitting on their beach; however, we must be respectful of the property. As most of us are aware, Customary Use is currently in the courts, and I am in support of watching and supporting the court’s decision. As for the beach renourishment, I am not a fan of this if the white sand is not available. I am not convinced the sand in the gulf will be the same as the sand on our beach. The white sand is what makes the Emerald Coast what it is.

Lisa24

Beach Comber
Mar 27, 2018
Freeport
Not sure why you would say that Donna is not pro-customary use. She has always been pro-Customary use. Suzanne Harris is not running. Donna is running. Suzanne does not influence Donna nor anyone else - unless they have something to hide. For the previous election, this election and probably for the next election - ALL candidates will say they are pro-customary use. The most important thing here is to look at who the most "qualified" candidate is at this moment.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Not sure why you would say that Donna is not pro-customary use. She has always been pro-Customary use. Suzanne Harris is not running. Donna is running. Suzanne does not influence Donna nor anyone else - unless they have something to hide. For the previous election, this election and probably for the next election - ALL candidates will say they are pro-customary use. The most important thing here is to look at who the most "qualified" candidate is at this moment.
Read the Donna Johns quote in the post above yours.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
DONNA JOHNS
Yes, I believe there is a way to make this a win-win. Many beach front owners do not mind someone sitting on their beach; however, we must be respectful of the property. As most of us are aware, Customary Use is currently in the courts, and I am in support of watching and supporting the court’s decision. As for the beach renourishment, I am not a fan of this if the white sand is not available. I am not convinced the sand in the gulf will be the same as the sand on our beach. The white sand is what makes the Emerald Coast what it is.

Why wouldn't the sand that regularly moves with wave action and tides be the same? I'm sorry but she sounds completely uninformed and wishy washy.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
What does that mean I'm stupid.
Is that how you took that? I took it as a similar comment President Clinton made during a difficult time. Think it was "it's the economy stupid" as he was saying it to himself for forgetting it.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Is that how you took that? I took it as a similar comment President Clinton made during a difficult time. Think it was "it's the economy stupid" as he was saying it to himself for forgetting it.
No it means I'm stupid what do you mean? I worded it bad.