• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
It's not everyone Dawn and you well know it. It is those who have registered here in the last 30 or so days simply to sing T. Anderson praises.
They have a right to try and drum up some votes. Kind of funny when some act like jerks doing it I admit. Try to laugh instead of being defensive automatically.

Jasper C.

Banned
Aug 14, 2016
SRB
It's not everyone Dawn and you well know it. It is those who have registered here in the last 30 or so days simply to sing T. Anderson praises.
Is this not a forum for all to express opinions on the candidate of their choice? Sorry to break up the "mean kid club" No one cares how long someone has been on this forum except the bullies who want to be in control of something....anything!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
They have a right to try and drum up some votes. Kind of funny when some act like jerks doing it I admit. Try to laugh instead of being defensive automatically.

If they had not made it personal by dragging my daughter into it when they first registered, you're right, they would be comical had they left my family out of it.

Born&Bread

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2016
Santa rosa beach
You can admit you support him (there was never any doubt) but you cant list one qualification!!
Honesty, common sense, a born leader, no non sense, straight shooter. He won't lie to your face because it's what you want to hear or will get him more votes. His supporters are a great group of people who want the best for this county and will help pave the road in the right direction. Oh ya our State politicians will work with him to built more infrastructure. He has lived here his whole life and knows the history of this county. He listens to the people and tries to solve problems. He doesn't create them.

Your go? Please don't use Cindy has experience has a BCC because we all know how that's been working.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
Election time is near. I have watched this forum. I have seen lies and misdirection of the facts on here. Everyone get out and vote. I urge each and every single one of you to look up the facts on all of the candidates in every race. Don't take people's word for it and don't take mine. Look at who is suing the county and why. Look at the supporters of each candidate and see what they are about. Look at how they act. Who really wants the best for this county? I'll take a group of small business owners who want to protect other small business owners over big business any day. I'll take honesty over lawsuits. I will take what best for the county has a whole over what's best for a small group. Don't let hearsay help make your decision for a vote. Walton county get out and vote. Walton county politics will never be the same.

Ok I'll address this. Facts, most of the lawsuits and scandals you don't like were led by the people who support Tony Anderson. You want to protect small businesses, well Mr. Blue and the former county attorney are or were the advisors to the 150 million dollar development order change SDI wants for sandestin. So Dana Mathews firm (also used to be the sheriffs council and maybe still is) is suing the county and leading the development change for the currently non compliant neighborhood. The "small" businesses (how many do you know that have 150 mil) dont want to follow the comp plan or comply with the state development order so those guys (look at andersons donor sheet) want somebody who won't ask questions like meadows does because she knows they are breaking the rules. Chat Holley.....same people, E-Mail scandal ...same people, people hired outside the sunshine ( Clay Adkinson, GRM) and were terminated.

Hal Laird lawsuit, how come the county didn't settle at their recent mediation? Because the county's hired lawyers and the state insurers lawyers must know the county's case for termination is solid otherwise it would have settled. Was Hal at the Borago dinner party, You bet! Was Hal's dad partners with Scott Brannon in past land deals you bet! Did Hal get his job because brannon and him were buds growing up and his dad helped line Scotts pocket. You bet. So get off your high horse about outside money trying to buy this election. It's insider money and improper influence that has got this county in a mess and full of lawsuits.

Why won't the BCC tell the state to issue a Notice of Violation on Sandestin so they would have to sue the state and not the county? Answer: Dirty Insiders want it to try and be pushed through to line their (Very Few People) pockets which is why the hearings have been drug out until after the election. Believe me it's no accident or coincidence. Being a mailman is a good and noble job that all of us need done. Does it prepare you to manage and understand a 10 Billion dollar real estate development plan? Absolutely not. Neither does being a kindergarten teacher. So quick to blame meadows when the record clearly shows that she frequently makes motions to enforce rules and implement corrective and preemptive solutions to problems, but they usually die for lack of a second because at least three of them have no clue as to what was said and two of them have to check their texts on how to vote. Let's not call names, lets talk qualifications and put two new people in there with Meadows and maybe we will save this place. People pay more for exclusive stuff every day, don't believe me price a porsche vs a hyundai and that will tell the tale. Lets enforce the plan, keep our quality of life high and keep our land values higher by sticking to the vision we once had. As for the parking ordinance, damn right you should have to provide parking for your customers. I want my tax money spent on schools, parks and more public beaches not subsidizing your business. If you run a good business that requires parking, I'm sure you can work that into your plan. Anderson sold his business to someone who ran it in the ground and left him holding the bag supposedly. Shows poor judgement and management skills if he did this with his own stuff, I don't want him managing my business. When I sold mine, I actually got paid and it's still in operation today. Just Saying.

Qualifications matter, I'll prove it. Two Planes are backed up to the gates at Atlanta airport. One is piloted by a loud blunt outspoken ex military pilot who demands to know the weight of every passenger so he can get his paperwork straight to ensure the plane is safe and operated within regulation. The other one is piloted by the mailman who greets every passenger with a smile telling the richard simmons fan club they can all sit together in the back if it makes them happy. The loud blunt pilot has every license required to take passengers anywhere in the world legally and safely. The mailman has no professional license but smiles and shakes your hand and says "he will do his very best, because who needs qualifications when you only need common sense to do anything. Now tell me Born and Bread, your life as you know it hangs in your decision. Which plane do you get on? The district 5 race is just an easy choice. One is qualified and one wants to be badly, but sadly just isn't.

Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Born leader who delivered mail for 30 years and never got promoted, Straight shooter who can't answer simple questions that are not scripted for him in advance. Failed to show up to forums in the very District hes running in because he didn't know the questions in advance. "Born and raised in Walton County" is an auto NO Vote for me.

You act as if Cindy single handedly controls the BCC. Cindy didn't lose almost a million dollars in uncollected fees in the planning dept. Bill Imfield did. I suppose you support him also? Cindy didn't cave to Lloyd Blue demands, C. Jones. Bill Imfield and Chapman did!