• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Hi Kids!

I too rode my bike today and did notice the motorists were more aggressive. I had several close passes which usually doesn't bother me. One of them was a lady driving a Silver BMW X5 baring a SoWal sticker on the right side of the back window and a 30A Radio sticker on the left side. Was this you FL Girl. You sped up to pass me (I was rolling 22 at the time :cool:) only 100' before the intersection the Seagrove Market and 30A. Funny thing you tried to jump before your turn in the intersection and I ended up right beside you. You never know who you are going to run into in SoWal :D.

I forgot to mention that the time was 9:30AM CST.

I also had a couple of meat heads on a maroon minivan yell at me. Actually they might have been cheering me on. I couldn't tell because one of my favorite songs was playing on my IPod :dunno:.

Now lets talk about the "Multi-use Path". Back in June one of my friends had rented one of our High Pointe units. She and her 12 year old daughter were tooling down the Multi-use Path when a motorists pulled across the path without looking and hit the 12 year old girl knocking her off her bike to the ground. The Popo was called my friend declined to press charges because she felt it could have happened to anybody. Kudos to her.

Last edited:

highwayjunkie

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2008
Seagrove
I will say that the cyclist bother me sometimes as well, but pulling a gun? Dorks! And I think that this thread turned into something it is not. I road biked for years when I was a kid to train for mtn. biking. I always tried to find a road with as little drivers on it as possible. I think that may be the problem some people have with the cyclist here. I honestly do think it is a hazard in a lot of ways (on 30-a), not only to drivers who swerve and almost take out four cars, but to the bikers as well. On the other hand, riding a road bike is NOTHING like riding a beach cruiser. One patch of sand (on the bike path as opposed to the road) can send your arse flyin with the skinny tires! As far as I know though, as long as you are not on the interstate, you can ride your bike anywhere you want to. I am sorry you had a gun pulled on you, and I hope they get caught. That is redonkatardulous!!!

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Seen and heard on 30A today: redneck in black pickup pulling up along side a biker and yelling "get out of my effing way"! The driver was keeping pace with the biker and screaming at him through the passenger window, almost forcing him off the road and cars going the other way were swerving to get out of the truck's way.

This has got to stop people. Someone is going to get killed. SoWal should be very cycle friendly. Slow down and share the road. If you can't relax or are in a hurry you need to be living or visiting somewhere else.

wino

Beach Crab
Aug 10, 2008
Seen and heard on 30A today: redneck in black pickup pulling up along side a biker and yelling "get out of my effing way"! The driver was keeping pace with the biker and screaming at him through the passenger window, almost forcing him off the road and cars going the other way were swerving to get out of the truck's way.

This has got to stop people. Someone is going to get killed. SoWal should be very cycle friendly. Slow down and share the road. If you can't relax or are in a hurry you need to be living or visiting somewhere else.

Was this another one of your tenants, Florida Girl?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Wow, heard about this thread over the weekend, had no idea it had gotten this bad.

I would strongly encourage the WCSO to subpeona the sowal records to determine who florida girl is, I think she knows a little more about this incident than she is letting on. Oh wait, if they wanted to they could figure it out from the galleries she hangs her "art" in.

I do have a question florida girl, if I go into one of those galleries and smash the glass with a tack hammer are you going to forgive me if I'm having a bad day?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

$3.25

Click card to view inside.
Card measures 4.5" x 6.125" and includes matching A6 envelope.
Printed on FSC certified stock, manufactured with 100% post-consumer recycled fibers.

Coming Soon

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
I will say that the cyclist bother me sometimes as well, but pulling a gun? Dorks! And I think that this thread turned into something it is not. I road biked for years when I was a kid to train for mtn. biking. I always tried to find a road with as little drivers on it as possible. I think that may be the problem some people have with the cyclist here. I honestly do think it is a hazard in a lot of ways (on 30-a), not only to drivers who swerve and almost take out four cars, but to the bikers as well. On the other hand, riding a road bike is NOTHING like riding a beach cruiser. One patch of sand (on the bike path as opposed to the road) can send your arse flyin with the skinny tires! As far as I know though, as long as you are not on the interstate, you can ride your bike anywhere you want to. I am sorry you had a gun pulled on you, and I hope they get caught. That is redonkatardulous!!!

this may be my new favorite word :D

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
:scratch:Hmmmmmmm... no takers on the BMW X5??? How about this one? I was also passed, properly, by a white minivan with a Sowal sticker, 30A sticker and one of those stickers that tells everybody you have a bunch of kids?

do you have stalkers ?