• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

grace

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2007
here & now
Saw that today.
So sad, especially since I have an unused $250 gift certificate. Was looking forward to getting a nice big pot for the front.
Anyone know how to contact the owners to see if they have any inventory left??

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Saw that today.
So sad, especially since I have an unused $250 gift certificate. Was looking forward to getting a nice big pot for the front.
Anyone know how to contact the owners to see if they have any inventory left??

Try Eastern Supply Company - local landscaping company.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
I have talked with several employees from Eastern Lake Nursery (have been a regular customer for years!) but the real issue is that the bank who now owns the property refused to work with the owner of the nursery. I am told the same bank also owns the old Collaboration's lot so I think this bank has bigger dreams in mind here. Now, you would think the bank would want some kind of income until a developer steps forward to buy both properties, wouldn't you? The bank already turned down one offer so what was the big deal in letting Eastern Lake stay for a while. I can see yet another big condo. in the future on both sides of 30-A but the real reason we moved here was because of those little galleries and shops like Eastern Lake Nursery which are now a part of So. Walton history! And some call this progress!!!!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I have talked with several employees from Eastern Lake Nursery (have been a regular customer for years!) but the real issue is that the bank who now owns the property refused to work with the owner of the nursery. I am told the same bank also owns the old Collaboration's lot so I think this bank has bigger dreams in mind here. Now, you would think the bank would want some kind of income until a developer steps forward to buy both properties, wouldn't you? The bank already turned down one offer so what was the big deal in letting Eastern Lake stay for a while. I can see yet another big condo. in the future on both sides of 30-A but the real reason we moved here was because of those little galleries and shops like Eastern Lake Nursery which are now a part of So. Walton history! And some call this progress!!!!!

They probably are of the typical corporate mindset that it needs to be shaved bald before anyone would seriously consider buying it.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
They probably are of the typical corporate mindset that it needs to be shaved bald before anyone would seriously consider buying it.

Same as the (now-empty) car wash lot next to Angelina's.

Going on three years ago now, the owner of a lot on my street cleared it to make it easier to sell. Hasn't sold yet. Imagine that.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic

banks=:banging:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It is particularly gloomy to see Eastern Lake Nursery so sterile after it, and the Gourd Garden before, were so festive and full of life for so long.

In response to a post up above, I can't foresee condos being built anywhere around here for years and years. I foresee fields of weeds...

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
It is particularly gloomy to see Eastern Lake Nursery so sterile after it, and the Gourd Garden before, were so festive and full of life for so long.

In response to a post up above, I can't foresee condos being built anywhere around here for years and years. I foresee fields of weeds...

Maybe we should invest in wildflowers and plant all the vacant lots; and have the local artists paint murals on all the empty buildings...

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Maybe we should invest in wildflowers and plant all the vacant lots; and have the local artists paint murals on all the empty buildings...

I like it! random acts of positive vigilantism :clap: