• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
So you feel fair value for that property is about $10,000.00 (ten thousand dollars).
All I can say is WOW.
Considering the beach belongs to the people like the sun and the stars I think that is more than fair. Whoever thinks they own it now is a fool. It should be the same as a rube holding a deed to the Brooklyn Bridge.
There won't be any beach left soon enough so it's moot.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Considering the beach belongs to the people like the sun and the stars I think that is more than fair. Whoever thinks they own it now is a fool.
Why do I imagine incense...black light posters....The Moody Blues playing on a scratchy record player...puff...puff...pass.... :D

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It's been covered in water, off and on, for hundreds, if not thousands of years, and it was bought using the tax money of hundreds of thousands of people that have and will enjoy it for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Did we buy a public beach or a body of water. Today it all seems to be covered in water.

Look at it this way Suzanne...if its covered in water it prevents vendors from using 50% of the purchase, free of charge, to set up un-used beach chairs and umbrellas.

That's a plus in my opinion but a hefty price to pay.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
The good news is that people LOVE that outfall area. Since these parcels are paid for with TDC funds (not our taxes, but tourist bed taxes), our visitors will have full enjoyment, the County can handle whatever the needs of the outfall area might be without having to concern themselves with private property owners "owning" the land underneath the outfall, and residents will have full enjoyment of the area as well.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
The good news is that people LOVE that outfall area. Since these parcels are paid for with TDC funds (not our taxes, but tourist bed taxes), our visitors will have full enjoyment, the County can handle whatever the needs of the outfall area might be without having to concern themselves with private property owners "owning" the land underneath the outfall, and residents will have full enjoyment of the area as well.
We all already had full enjoyment of that area. And most beach areas.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
According to the video from the Mon Sep 20 BCC Mtg, the Eastern Lake Deal with Peter Russell is dead.

According to Mark Davis Mr. Russell was wanting to "receive assurances from the Planning Dept. that we would agree to certain things ahead of time which quite frankly we (the Commissioners) don't have the ability to do." Also, Mr. Russell never signed the contract.

A motion was passed by the commissioners to formally withdraw the offer for the contract.

Walton County Board of County Commissioners - Meeting of Board of County Commissioners on 9/20/2016 at 4:00 PM

Last edited: