• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
What are your thoughts on the Spain v. Italy game? My husband has been in a tizzy every since they announced it. :roll: Apparently he was at the World Cup in 94 when Italy beat Spain. And he is still holding a grudge. He has banned all people who have ANY Italian heritage from coming over to watch the game, he's cooking only Spanish food that day, we have all been ordered to put our scarfs on first thing. At this point, I'm not sure if he's a fan or a lunatic. And he seems to be going to the "dark side" before the game even starts. . . .what will happen if they loose?

Should I head to the beach for about a week? or what?:dunno:

Last edited:

DCFinSCB

Beach Fanatic
Jul 27, 2007
Ol' Point Washingtern, FL
He's a lunatic........and it is GREAT!!!!!

Embrace the lunacy. It really is beautiful.

Plus, you get to eat Spanish dishes, which are pretty darn good. And partake of Spanish wines, if you so choose.

(That said, the Italians do have a way of throwing a wrench in the best laid plans of many a Footy Competition and Competitor.)

All in all, a nail biter....................yo no se!!!

vivaespa?a

Beach Comber
Jun 20, 2008
Atlanta, GA.
Euro2008.............what a tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, my wife has been dying for me to get on this message board and i am not one of the guys who has ever posted, but you hit the right button to respond and post something to this.

EuroCopa is now the second most watched event after the World Cup and yes my insanity towards EuroCopa is understood. I, orginally born in Spain, am passionate about soccer, played it my whole life, school, Spain, High school, post, etc.....and Spain could pull the biggest upset of all time if we can beat Italy.

I went to 1982 World Cup in Spain, also went to Spain-Italy match in Foxboro, MA. in 1994 when they beat us. This is the proverbial Florida vs. Georgia in American football game coming up.

I did drive my bike from Seacrest to Shades at the Loop to watch La Liga games, but like any American bar, you have to beg and plead to turn to Soccer channels. They have GolTV, as i do at home, also have FSE, FSC, & ESPN Deportes (All part of DirectV)but i would not pay for Setanta. They do not show enough games on that channel.

Ride your bike over to Shades, good screens, good tv's and since games are at 2:45, they would have no problem changing the channel at that time. Only interefering with Cubs home games.

Glad to see other soccer lovers out there and yes, VIVA ESPA?A, we need this win more than ever. It would be a win for the ages.

Cheers and keep kicking....the round ball, not the oblong american ball!!!!!!!!!

vivaespa?a

Beach Comber
Jun 20, 2008
Atlanta, GA.
GEAUX FRANCE! Is that guy who head-butted the Italian player in the World Cup still playing?

Seriously dude, that ugly guy from France is NOW retired!!!!!!!!!
Zidane was his name and he is retired. The other ugly Frenchmen Ribery got his ass whooped and is also now on the bench. Oh, and France is out, so come on over to teh Spain band wagon, we have plenty of room, a fine of bottle of Rioja awaits you and anyone else who would care to join.

Viva Espa?a!!!!!!!!!!!

vivaespa?a

Beach Comber
Jun 20, 2008
Atlanta, GA.
Germany pulls the upset (at least to many). Portugal and the pretty hair boy, Critsiano Ronaldo (and who many consider the best footballer in the world) are now O-U-T!!

I shan't shed a tear.

Yes, i hear ya, but Ballack had a serious push on the portugese defender and it DID NOT get called. That should have been called off, where was the 4th UEFA ref on that play???? They should have called Ballack for a push in the back. Spilled milk, but nonetheless, fricking Germans & Italians always have a way of pulling games out of their..................

How about the Turks????? Beating Croatia in penalties and scoring 3 goals in 10 minutes against the Czechs. I still have that game on my DVR, that by far was the best game so far, well, second to Spain beating Russia 4-1!! David Villa witha hat trick!

VIVA Espa?a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Seriously dude, that ugly guy from France is NOW retired!!!!!!!!!
Zidane was his name and he is retired. The other ugly Frenchmen Ribery got his ass whooped and is also now on the bench. Oh, and France is out, so come on over to teh Spain band wagon, we have plenty of room, a fine of bottle of Rioja awaits you and anyone else who would care to join.

Viva Espa?a!!!!!!!!!!!

Was there a riot or something after France was bounced, or is that a phenomenon unique to England? By the way, where was England? Did they not make it into this tournament?

vivaespa?a

Beach Comber
Jun 20, 2008
Atlanta, GA.
Was there a riot or something after France was bounced, or is that a phenomenon unique to England? By the way, where was England? Did they not make it into this tournament?

France was not expected to go far this year. Thierry Henry their striker is getting old and lsoing a step, Ribery their best mdifielder hurt and defense a little suspect.

England, now that is a travestry that they didn't qualify for the tourney. That is like saying LSU football could not make it to a bowl game, any bowl game!