• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

graytonrbust

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2004
Wellington, AL
On our last visit we ate breakfast at the Donut Hole....it was wonderful, and way more food than we could eat. Worth the visit.

LovingSoWal

Beach Comber
Jun 19, 2005
Seagrove Beach
One of the reseraunts that I have not yet seen mentioned is Stroffies in Grayton Beach. They have this pecan crusted grouper that is out of this world. For appetizer, try the chipotle bbq shrimp or the fried green omatoes topped with crab.
Fish Out Of Water is the best I have expereienced for fine dining and superb service if you are into that type of formality.
The Red Bar is ALWAYS a favorite. (Gotta love those potatoes and that apple dumpling)
Cafe 331 ... Nick'ss Sushi is AWESOME and do not forget that pokie salad!
Basmaties when one is in the mood for Asain cuisine... You can't go wrong!
Angelina's is the best family resteraunt for Italian Seafood!
For more traditional Italian and a more upscale atmosphere, try Guglielmo's
Another unmentioned that is a MUST DO is Coccoons! Mike makes the worlds BEST smoked Tuna Dip!
Yianni's is GREAT
Spicy Noodle makes a veggie pizza that will knock your socks off!
Pandora's for a prime rib is another great choice!
We are also getting a new "Florida Fish House" not sure of it's opening date, but am excited!
For some decent seafood I wouold go to Bayou Bill's
By ALL MEANS stop in for a glass of wine and refreshments at The Larder, and the MUST DO is the mornign coffee at Beach Java. They also have icecream and Friday nights have a great musician playing so you have your choice of Coffee at Beach Java or Wine at The Larder.. Bother offer great snacks.
Hope this was somewhat helpful!

Waterman

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2005
Ventura County CA
seagrovechick said:
RiverOtter said:
Market Cafe - What's good there? Driven by several times but never stopped.

I am a local who eats at Seagrove Market all the time. I like the no-nonsense, unpretentious atmosphere. The prices are good at lunch and high at dinner, but other than subbing fries for a baked potato, the menu is essentially the same all day. Unless you can sit outside, it is not a good place for a big group as there are only 2- and 4-person tables inside. The fried grouper is awesome! The grilled is also good if you want to save a few calories (which I wouldn't recommend on vacation). The shrimp po boy (fried) is great as well. Whatever you do, make sure you order a side of hush puppies -- they are to die for! Oh, and I actually think they have one of the best cheeseburgers on 30A and it is an inexpensive menu item. Hope that helps!

My gut is still healing from the double cheese I had 2 TIMES when in SoWal last week. Great stuff! :clap_1:

shakennotstirred

Beach Fanatic
Jan 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
By ALL MEANS stop in for a glass of wine and refreshments at The Larder, and the MUST DO is the mornign coffee at Beach Java. They also have icecream and Friday nights have a great musician playing so you have your choice of Coffee at Beach Java or Wine at The Larder.. Bother offer great snacks.
[/QUOTE]
Where is the Larder located?

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Larder is in that lemon-lime-colored building just east of One Seagrove Place (you know, the tallest building on 30-A).

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Cork On the Ocean said:
Anyone tried the boathouse in Watercolor. I agree with Fish out of Water. Lots of butt kissing which I love when I'm paying that much for dinner but it was great.
Baithouse at WaterColor is closed most of the time, but I have eaten there a few times last year. This year, they have been closed every time I go.

Cork On the Ocean said:
Is Borago's ever open. Can't tell you how many times Ive tried to eat there and they are always closed. River Otter's list is great. BTW, Just tried Bogwalk at Destin Commons. Small servings but excellent chow.
Borago's opens at 6:00pm everyday. Seems like they closed on Mondays in the past, but I think they are open 7 days per week now. Make reservations 231-9167.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Wildernester said:
The Baithouse is open for breakfast and lunch only.
Do you know the days which they are open for lunch? I have recently stopped by several times for lunch and they were closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.