• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Re: New Fire in SoWal -- Sommerset Beach - Seagrove

Does anyone have an update on the closing of roads near the intersection of 30A and 395? Can I use back roads like Grove off of 395 to get home in an hour or so?
I wouldn't count on them opening back up until after the fire is out completely.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local

I just heard from the President of the HOA at Rosemary. There are NO evacuation orders for Rosemary. He said Seagrove only.

Just got back from 395 (had to go to the AmSouth) and you wouldn't know anything was going on until you drive to the corner of 395/30A where they are diverting traffic. I had to stop at SunDog Books in Seaside to pick up a birthday present and Seaside is business as usual (tourists walking around, people coming up from the beach). I couldn't even see smoke so I'm assuming they have it under control??
Okay, so maybe I'll wait to RUN down. Last day of class before exams. I need to help my students, but ... I'm not gonna lie ... our home is more important.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

bigstory.jpg

(Photo from Ch 13) These look like they are in the Bungalows at Seagrove Beach S/D.

All of these units look so similar, but seeing the ReMax sign in front of the closer house in this photo, I did a quick search on active listings of ReMax, trying to determine which house this is with the sign. ReMax has about 10 listed in there, and most of the units have the same shot of the pool for the photo. I did find one which looks like it is the same color as this in the photo, but I couldn't say for sure. If it is 116 Somerset, the chard house is 118 Somerset Bridge Road.

419706_155631.jpg

This photo above is 116 Somerset Bridge Rd. Again, there are only a few colors of homes in that subdivision, so this could be one of several possibilities.
ch13 Panama City

ch7 PCB

5:00pm news is on.
Weather man is warning of potential lightning this weekend without a good chance of rain. Turn on the sprinklers.

Last edited:

Lois

Beach Lover
Aug 23, 2005
On the bay

The Sheriff's office is now saying 3 buildings destroyed and 5 damaged. Earlier, when they confirmed 13 destroyed, they must have had some bad info.

They also said it is 90% contained at this time.

Lois' husband

6thGen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005

395 to near the Tom Thumb is back open.

TNJed

Beach Fanatic
Sep 4, 2006
Seagrove Beach, FL

Not a lot of coverage on the fire considering all the excitement it generated. They did say it was a relatively small fire in Seagrove. I guess if your house didn't burn down you could consider it small.

That was my father on Channel 7 news in the Auburn orange shorts hosing down the woods with a hose he he found.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Not a lot of coverage on the fire considering all the excitement it generated. They did say it was a relatively small fire in Seagrove. I guess if your house didn't burn down you could consider it small.

That was my father on Channel 7 news in the Auburn orange shorts hosing down the woods with a hose he he found.
It will hit the news as quickly as they can hit the editing room. Nothing so far on the tv for the 500pm news, but ch 13 has coverage on their website.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La

After coming through 98 in PCB the fire crossed the median and from what I saw only a portion of a fence burned, no houses and the church was ok as well. This is craZY!!!:eek: