• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Re: New Fire in SoWal -- Sommerset Beach - Seagrove

Mermaid is at the scene- fire plane just made the 3rd drop of chemicals. She said that it looks like things are dying down a bit.

IBD just called - another huge fire in PCB- she said it appears to be in about the same place as yesterday.

I drove through that area in PCB today. Although fire crews were on site, there were definitely "hot spots" of smoldering embers. Doesn't surprise me that it picked back up as the wind got stronger through the day.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove

Tanker plane finished in Seagrove & headed east toward the other fire toward PCB....
DH was down at the site of the Seagrove fire and said the trenches/fire lines were dug in the nick of time by the dozers.....felt like it was under control at that point but I'm not totally sure....he got there soon after it all started and along with others they were hosing houses, doing whatever they could.....an emotional day here seeing this. God Bless those who have a loss in this.

I took some photos of the tanker plane, etc.....so once I stop shaking will get them posted for all to see....

For fellow Summer Edge neighbors....all is fine here.

Anyone else needing any checking, we also would be happy to help in any way.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

IBD just called- huge new fire in PCB just east of yesterday's fire. Right by the First Baptist Church on Back Beach Rd. Fire jumped the road and hit the mdian right after she drove through.:eek:

Last edited:

Lois

Beach Lover
Aug 23, 2005
On the bay

A guy I know just called from Rolling Tides. He said it looks under control and the plane seems to be knocking it out. I wouldn't say we're out of the woods yet, though, as the wind is high and has been blowing burning embers all over.

All I know.

Lois' husband (again)

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood

Kimmi just called...I told her Florida is the new California. :sosad: She was very freaked out for sowal. Then she started talking to people passing by and I hung up on her.
I am very worried for all of you.:sosad: Hang in there though.

I got caught coming into the office and had to answer some Q's. But that does not mean I'm not concerned.

hippiechick

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach

I live right across from Angelina's, and rushed home to get my pets out safely. Does anyone know if the fire is contained at all? Has the area been evacuated? I want to go back home:sosad:

potatovixen

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
PCB
www.myspace.com

I rode by on my bike about an hour ago, and there were no fewer than 30 emergency vehicles. :eek:

The fire in Panama City Beach seems to have rekindled, as well.

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach

Ok, I'm sitting here at work and just totally glued to this thread. Very scary.

I called my folks who are in their house on San Juan in Seagrove, and wouldn't you know they are lounging in the pool and had no idea any of this was going on...........

....so at least points west of the immediate area seem fine, for now.

They are walking down to the beach to see what they can find out.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove

A few photos of the tanker plane. Couldn't get any of the actual drop as it was below the tree line!

Last edited: