• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Screenshot_20230907-121337.png

Scenic Highway 30A is a twenty-four-mile road running along the sugar-sand beaches of South Walton County in the Florida Panhandle. But it’s also an area—and, even more so, a vibe—anchored by a special slice of #beachlife across some sixteen coastal communities, from the boho artist enclave of Grayton Beach to the tony villas of Alys Beach.

Seaside, the area’s original planned community built in 1981, catapulted 30A into national fame in 1998 as the backdrop for The Truman Show, starring Jim Carrey. These days, the corridor’s popularity shows no signs of dimming (and summer is, not surprisingly, insanely busy). Even so, 30A manages to retain its laid-back charm and character—something I, as a semi-local who was born and raised in the Panhandle, can attest to from my cherished visits home. Here, I drew on my own favorite memories and polled in-the-know locals to compile thirty ways to do 30A right, whether it’s your first visit or your thirtieth.
More:

We see many articles about our little piece of the world in South Walton Florida. This one seems very much informed and hits on many places, events, and adventures that are worthy of mention.

:)