• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

geezer392002

Beach Comber
Feb 9, 2010
golf courses in So Wal

I am a new property owner in the area but can only visit a few times a year. I love golf and good golf courses. I was wondering what the favorite courses are for my fellow golfers in the area (for challenge and value). I did visit Camp Creek last year but was put off by the snotty attitude of the guy in the pro shop :angry: and the exhorbitant green fee. :yikes:

Water Boy

Beach Lover
May 13, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Camp Creek

I am a new property owner in the area but can only visit a few times a year. I love golf and good golf courses. I was wondering what the favorite courses are for my fellow golfers in the area (for challenge and value). I did visit Camp Creek last year but was put off by the snotty attitude of the guy in the pro shop :angry: and the exhorbitant green fee. :yikes:
If you want the best course on the panhandle then the exhorbitant green fee is the best bargain to be had.

klauricella

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2007
Freeport
Love Camp Creek! Maybe try Windswept Dunes in Freeport they have decent greens fees, my hubby enjoys golfing there if he can't get to Camp Creek.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Sorry for your experience at Camp Creek. I play there quite a bit with friends and never have had anything other than a positive experience. They do have specials from time to time like now where you can play for $75 before 12 and $50 after. That's a bargain for such a great course. You might look at Santa Rosa Golf club also.

geezer392002

Beach Comber
Feb 9, 2010
So Wal golf

Sorry for your experience at Camp Creek. I play there quite a bit with friends and never have had anything other than a positive experience. They do have specials from time to time like now where you can play for $75 before 12 and $50 after. That's a bargain for such a great course. You might look at Santa Rosa Golf club also.

tsutcli,

Thanks for your reply.
I would like to give Camp Creek another try, the course looked just great the day I called in there and I'm sure Fazio did a wonderful job with the design.
I wondered if you knew roughly when Camp Creek changes their rates? I will be there April 3-10 which may be high season or not.
I think $50 for that course is a real bargain!

Your location is Seacrest?
We just bought our condo in Seacrest beach! We visited the area for the first time last Spring and loved it so much we bought a place overlooking the lagoon pool. I can hardly wait to go back!

Where are you in Seacrest?

Thanks again for the golf info :D

geezer392002

Beach Comber
Feb 9, 2010
For the best golf course under $50, I'd recommend Windswept. Hombre in Panama City Beach and Kelly Plantation in Destin are also excellent.

Thanks rogpurf.

Seems like people enjoy Camp Creek, Windswept, Kelly plantation and Santa Rosa. I will enjoy trying them all :D

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
tsutcli,

Thanks for your reply.
I would like to give Camp Creek another try, the course looked just great the day I called in there and I'm sure Fazio did a wonderful job with the design.
I wondered if you knew roughly when Camp Creek changes their rates? I will be there April 3-10 which may be high season or not.
I think $50 for that course is a real bargain!

Your location is Seacrest?
We just bought our condo in Seacrest beach! We visited the area for the first time last Spring and loved it so much we bought a place overlooking the lagoon pool. I can hardly wait to go back!

Where are you in Seacrest?

Thanks again for the golf info :D
The special I referred to ends 3/15 and will probably go back to summer rates then. I don't know what that is at this time.
We are in Seacrest, not to be confused with Seacrest Beach which is where you bought. Seacrest is an area West of you near Camp Creek Lake. Our development is Seabreeze.