• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Grayton rental July 10-17, 2006

New posts

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Hey you guys and gals in the know---

I need to book this week! Time's a'flyin!! Does anyone know of any houses in Old Grayton (shortest walk to boardwalk by lake for us w/kids) that I would not have run into through Rivard, Beach Rentals, etc.? I usually book through an agency and have a short list in hand of the candidates, but are there any houses rented by owners over on this side? We stayed up on Garfield last year and really enjoyed it- but don't need such a big house this year. Have decided just my family in the house (4) and not other family or friends- they can get their own places!

If you know of a real treasure- PM me so the secret's not out ;-) :biggrin: !

jenny
 
If you go to VRBO.COM you can find all the private homes that are for rental in that area. This is where I have found our rentals for the last 5 years and have had great success. The last 2 years we have rented 2 different homes from the same person and we are going to rent the same one next summer. Great site and lots of choices.
 
I agree completely, vrbo is great... :clap_1: many of our friends have used it through the years!!!!
 
Thanks y'all- I just checked- everything too big or not quite where I want to be. There are some great looking houses on there though! My New Year's resolution is to stop being so picky, inflexible, and resistant to change (bdarg will die laughing if he reads this!). We have other friends with kids that are renting houses the same week, and we all would like to be close enough where the kids can roam between houses and beach safely. And the adults can drink beer and other adult bevvies and get home safely. :lolabove: So crawling distance is always a bonus!

I agonize over the house rental decision every year, which is stupid, because I always love wherever we stay.
 
jdarg said:
Thanks y'all- I just checked- everything too big or not quite where I want to be. There are some great looking houses on there though! My New Year's resolution is to stop being so picky, inflexible, and resistant to change (bdarg will die laughing if he reads this!). We have other friends with kids that are renting houses the same week, and we all would like to be close enough where the kids can roam between houses and beach safely. And the adults can drink beer and other adult bevvies and get home safely. :lolabove: So crawling distance is always a bonus!

I agonize over the house rental decision every year, which is stupid, because I always love wherever we stay.
hallelujah! so glad to meet another neurotic beach-goer! i'm telling my husband there are others out there like me; i think he thought i was a freak of nature!
 
peapod1980 said:
hallelujah! so glad to meet another neurotic beach-goer! i'm telling my husband there are others out there like me; i think he thought i was a freak of nature!


Yup, I'm a freak, but stress has ended. The candidates were selected, scrutinized, discussed, rearranged, changed, and at the last minute all tossed out for a late entry to the list. The house met almost all the requirements, but I guess there is no house that has a daily massage included in the rental price. :idontno: So I'll have to make do. Booked it, baby. We are no longer homeless in June!
 
jdarg said:
Yup, I'm a freak, but stress has ended. The candidates were selected, scrutinized, discussed, rearranged, changed, and at the last minute all tossed out for a late entry to the list. The house met almost all the requirements, but I guess there is no house that has a daily massage included in the rental price. :idontno: So I'll have to make do. Booked it, baby. We are no longer homeless in June!

Be picky because it is going to be for a week, your vacation, and you must enjoy it. Congrats on picking a place that will work for you. So, what did you finally end up renting.
 
jdarg said:
Yup, I'm a freak, but stress has ended. The candidates were selected, scrutinized, discussed, rearranged, changed, and at the last minute all tossed out for a late entry to the list. The house met almost all the requirements, but I guess there is no house that has a daily massage included in the rental price. :idontno: So I'll have to make do. Booked it, baby. We are no longer homeless in June!
my decision is even more pressing--we're going down mid-December, and i still haven't booked; i should let you do it! :rofl:
 
jdarg said:
Yup, I'm a freak, but stress has ended. The candidates were selected, scrutinized, discussed, rearranged, changed, and at the last minute all tossed out for a late entry to the list. The house met almost all the requirements, but I guess there is no house that has a daily massage included in the rental price. :idontno: So I'll have to make do. Booked it, baby. We are no longer homeless in June!
So what did you rent??? I'm another picky rental person!
 
peapod1980 said:
my decision is even more pressing--we're going down mid-December, and i still haven't booked; i should let you do it! :rofl:


Shouldn't have too much of a problem with Mid-December - June is definitely crazier.

Tell us what you are looking for - I am sure someone on this board can help
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top