• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sullygromo

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2008
We were at BMB baby and all. Awesome turnout.

Do we have a list of the legislators (and their contact info) who are supporting this?

Aha...reading the whole thread helps!!

Last edited by a moderator:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Yeah, great pics I have been waiting for some. Thanks for sharing!

There will be many more coming, I am sure. I also wanted to point out that many of the Grayton participants went to the Red Bar to recharge following the event. It made me think of how much money our local business owners would lose if people stopped coming to SOWAL after figuring out dingy beaches were cheaper to utilize in Alabama, Georgia and the Carolinas:blink: Think it can't happen? Think again!:sosad:

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
My best guestimate is 75 people at Rosemary Beach in front of the west green, but more people kept joining in so it's hard to tell. A bunch of people were taking photos, I hope someone posts them. I stood next to a lady who had been shopping in one of the stores and came down to the beach in support after she heard what was going on. I met a few new peeps and had some great conversations about alternative energy sources. Many thanks to Dave R. and all the fine folks who made this happen!

Caroling

Beach Fanatic
Eastern Lake

Slighted edited from the original video. Here's from Eastern Lake where there were about 15 people.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGCkxMs4j78"]YouTube- No oil drilling in Florida waters - Hands Across the Sand[/ame]

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Photos - Photos - Beaches of South Walton - 02/13/10

Open wide panorama - http://sowal.com/p-100213-seaside-001.jpg

Open wide panorama - http://sowal.com/p-100213-seaside-002.jpg

100213-seaside-011.jpg

100213-seaside-116.jpg

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I was not able to be a participant in this momentous occasion, but seeing the photos and video makes me quite emotional and helps me feel like I was there.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
79 were at Blue Mountain Beach.
My Wife and I met Andy A and his lovely bride Betty at White Cliffs and stood with them for awhile before heading to Blue mountain.

Someone there was taking pictures.

I was there!! Too bad I didn't know who you were or I would have said "hi":wave: We were going to go meet with Andy A too but decided to see if our neighbors were at BMB and they were. There were like 81 people at BMB - from a few months old to 88 yrs old!! I have pics. I need to find where to post on the forum.

It truly was a fun time - meeting people we already knew and meeting new friends. What a beautiful day too!!

G