Harris Wins One More Time

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by Bob Hudson, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Dave Rauschkolb

Dave Rauschkolb Beach Fanatic

I was going to ask you if you could; with respect, repair the few typos and I certainly will be happy to post it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  2. Misty

Misty Banned

We need a better Walton County run by open honest government in THE SUNSHINE, for the people by the people.

It's needed up here in the North too! :)

3. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Walton County Ideas for Visioning and Quality of Life

4. Dave Rauschkolb

Dave Rauschkolb Beach Fanatic

If you want to post it your self, and I think you would be a valued addition to the Facebook page group here is the link. Just request to join and the administrators will except you in shortly after.

Walton county ideas for visioning and quality of life httpsWWW.Facebook.com/groups/317394411663027/

5. Misty

Misty Banned

@Phil Good I originally posted this in the thread where you actually made the comment but in an effort to get that topic back on track and away from comments you made to derail that entire conversation, I deleted it there and will put it here.

Since you brought up speaking ill of someone....isn't it true that a certain widow copied an image from Suzanne Harris' Facebook page, posted it to her own page and implied that the woman in question was feeding a toddler alcohol and stated the woman in question was an idiot among other things?? To use an image of a woman holding an innocent child to assert said claims palls in comparison to anything I've said publicly. In fact it's downright pathetic.

Before you say that didn't happen...think long and hard about your answer. Remember, I do my homework!

If Ms. Harris isn't allowed to tell the truth about what happened in her dealings with regard to the now deceased GR Miller with proof and court documents, shouldn't the widow be prevented from making very derogatory, very defamatory and FALSE allegations against Ms. Harris?

People who live in glass houses...

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  6. Misty

Misty Banned

P.S. @ Phil Good

The comments made by the widow were there at 2 AM this morning. The offending photo and subsequent comments were deleted on or before 7 AM. Its all good! I'm sure there are screenshots somewhere. It just goes to show you just how nasty and dishonorable some people can be when its proven their spouse acted out of the Sunshine.

It should also come as no surprise that folks calling themselves "Christian" are actually acting like the devil in disguise. Hypocritical at best and certainly not the way to honor your dead husbands memory. Its not a way to maintain the moral high ground either!

7. Truman

Truman Beach Fanatic

oh gawd - the people on there are so nasty I had to unjoin.

8. Misty

Misty Banned

The page is too moderator heavy and censored in my opinion if you do not agree with their visions for the county. I passed on even joining.

9. Phil Good

Phil Good Beach Lover

[​IMG]

10. Misty

Misty Banned

Zach Baker I presume?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  11. Phil Good

Phil Good Beach Lover

that little girl looks nothing like Zach!

12. Misty

Misty Banned

well duh!

13. Misty

Misty Banned

@Phil Good

You should also know that by the widows own admission she threatened to sue the newspaper over the article that was written....hence the retraction. Regardless, it was a WIN WIN for Suzanne Harris AGAIN because the JUDGE ordered that Suzanne Harris DID NOT OWE MILLER OR BLUE ANYTHING IN ATTORNEY FEES!!

14. Phil Good

Phil Good Beach Lover

That sounds to me like ANOTHER win for the "widow". So much clout she's got the NWF Daily News retracting articles?
    Just another example of what an absolute BOSS Mr. Miller was.

15. Misty

Misty Banned

Given what the Harris WINS/lawsuits have cost the taxpayers you're going to be hard pressed to convince anyone "clout" has anything to so with this. Delusions of grandeur? Perhaps.

16. sunny850

sunny850 Beach Lover

I enjoy reading the SoWal forum for several reasons- I check the events and dining almost daily, I look for deals on the buy/sale/trade, I often read the local government posts, and occasionally I comment. However, I have to say that the level that some people stoop to on here makes me cringe. I once saw a post where an out-of-tower asked a simple question-"can anyone recommend a church in the area?" and within three responses had moved into an attack on mega-churches, politicians, and religion in general. It saddens me to know that everyone in sowal is so damn miserable. When i am at work, or restaurants, or on the beach, or in Publix, it seems like we live in paradise. But then I read the forum comments, and am reminded that I am living among the most unhappy, disgruntled, people that think everything is a conspiracy to undermine them. This particular thread pushed me to respond. George Ralph Miller was a person. With a wife named Dawne (Not "the widow") and he has good, upstanding, hard working children and grandchildren who live in this community. Whatever happened with Suzanne Harris, I would just like people to know that he also was a kind, caring man who loved his children and his community and he was an excellent attorney. I personally witnessed him work for free for many elderly people who just needed a deed or a will and could not afford legal representation. Out of respect for the man, at least use his wife's name. I realize the purpose of this site is so people can sound off, but remember the Millers, the Adkinsons, the other people you are talking about are real people, not reality tv stars.

17. Misty

Misty Banned

Suzanne Harris deserves the same respect that folks are saying should be shown to GR Miller & family!!

18. Misty

Misty Banned

@sunny850

If in fact Mrs. Miller had shown the same respect to Suzanne Harris and left her children and grand children out of the dirty laundry GR. Miller got the taxpayers involved in chances are this conversation wouldn't exist!

To take the image of an innocent child drinking grape juice and post it to your personal FB page and flat out say "the woman is an idiot giving a child wine" certainly devalues any good works that may have been accomplished.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  19. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

We are happy to provide a place where people can sound off but it is not the purpose.

About South Walton and SoWal.com | SoWal.com
    Our aim is to foster community and help local business.

Let's keep it respectful please.

20. Misty

Misty Banned

I used the term "widow" out of respect for the fact she is a private citizen. So is Suzanne Harris. I don't disagree with Kurt in regard to keeping it respectful but I do have some issues with the trolling going on.