Hi ya'll!

Discussion in 'Say Hello to SoWal!' started by BeachbumAggie, Jun 6, 2008.

1. BeachbumAggie

BeachbumAggie Beach Fanatic

Hi ya'll. I just read about this forum on tripadvisor.com so I thought I'd check it out. I first drove down 30 A four years ago this summer and this summer will be our fourth year in a row to go to Seagrove Beach. Last year I convinced my husband to stay for 2 weeks and we've agreed that we can't go back to only one week-it just isn't long enough. We live 12 hours away so once/year is about all we can make the drive but it's well worth it.

I love going to the beach, any beach, but I especially love the beaches of SoWal. We love biking around in the evenings dreaming of what house we'd like to buy someday!

We just got back from Key West and Sanibel Island this past Monday. Both were great but Seagrove is our relaxing home away from home so we find it hard to beat! I've been to Galveston twice this year and it's great for shelling and shopping but the beach is like a lake compared to SoWal-no offense to my home state but Texas just doesn't have the beaches that Florida has-especially the panhandle!

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has to say on this forum, talk to you all soon!

2. aggieb

aggieb Beach Fanatic

3. DD

DD SoWal Expert

:welcome:BBA from a fellow Texan! In fact, right down the road from you!! You'll find a few other Texans on here as well. I can so relate to your story...somehow Galveston just doesn't quite do it after you've been SoWalled.
    Enjoy your summer trip. What dates will you be in Seagrove?

p.s.--I came over here from TripAdvisor too---a loooooong time ago.

4. BeachbumAggie

We'll arrive in Seagrove on Saturday, August 2nd. We have friends and family meeting us but staying in Seacrest; they'll arrive Saturday August 9th for one week. We are all very excited. Once couple has been to Seagrove with us once before (sans kiddos) but there will be 7 who will experience the sugar white sand for the first time this summer.

5. DD

DD SoWal Expert

Ahhh...it's so exciting to bring folks for the first time, especially when they've only experienced Texas beaches. They'll love it of course. Have funn!! :D

6. Mango

Mango SoWal Insider

:welcome: and please post pics when you return. We love to see happy families, especially the first time looks on their faces.

7. Allifunn

Allifunn FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com

:welcome: to the best board in the world!
    I wish I could see the look on your friend's faces when they see SoWal for the first time!
    Have a wonderfl time! Lots to do and see!

8. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Howdy, neighbor! Good to hear from another Texan that discovered there was a slice of paradise on the Gulf Of Mexico! Who knew? :D Have a great trip!

9. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

10. Lane Rees

Lane Rees Beach Lover

So are you truly Aggies .. like Texas Aggies? Always nice to have others in the community whether living or visiting!

11. BeachbumAggie

Yes, I'm truly an Aggie

I am proud class of 1995! My husband didn't attend our fine univerisity but is a fan. We've just bought our first season tickets this year so we're looking forward to some games this Fall.

We'll be in Seagrove for 2 weeks in August. If we win the lotto between now and then we'll be there to stay!!:D

12. Lane Rees

Lane Rees Beach Lover

Give us a call or email when you are here .. we will be in North Carolina's mountains a few days in August but generally are here.

I graduated in '73 and my wife got her masters there as well.

Would be great to see fellow Aggies while enjoying the Sunshine State BEFORE they win their fortune! :D

13. Rita

Rita margarita brocolia

:welcome:.BeachbumAggie!

What part of Arlington? We're way south Arlington, Mansfield school district.

Have a blast at the beach.

14. Poodleone

Poodleone Beach Fanatic

Yea! for another Texan! I am a Bearkat from Sam Houston State ('81) so did a few visits to Aggieland back in the day. Nothing compares to fun, food and relaxation of a vacation in SoWal. Visiting (and lurking on) this forum is my "fix". Such a variety of interesting people hang out here.

15. cynthiaj.1111

cynthiaj.1111 Beach Comber

HI, you will love it here. It truly is a paradise for the ones who can make it. I was not so lucky. Can you please help me post an ad on here for moving sale?? I cannot figure out how to do it and have emailed for help..Figured this might be easier!!!

16. BeachbumAggie

We leave in South Arlington as well, we're down the road from Kennedale
    High School but are in the city of Arlington. We're 32 days and counting until we road trip to Seagrove!!!!!!

17. BeachbumAggie

Hey there SoWal Aggie, we'd love to visit while we're down there. We arrive on August 2nd!!