• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
lucky13 said:
Wow, this place looks amazing!

I've thought about the Honeymoon cottages in Seaside, they look so neat from the outside.

Can you say HOT TUB?

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Johnrudy said:
Be sure to check this place out... it just won the Conde Nast award as the best hotel in the world. It looks absolutely perfect. It's a place I've been wanting to go to for years.
www.ladera.com

St. Lucia! I've been wanting to go there for a million years. I want to see that mountain.

Even still, I love my SoWal. :love:

Dabell

Beach Fanatic
Sep 15, 2005
New York
lucky13 said:
I am getting married in May, 2006 and my fiance and I are thinking about honeymooning in the Seaside/Seagrove area. He has this idea that he wants to plan it all, which is great, but I wanted to generate some ideas from all of you--places you've stayed/heard of/know about, that would be a good getaway for us. My fiance's first visit to the area was last month and he loved it, which made me very happy since I've been going there since I was a kid!

So, I appreciate any suggestions! Our week to stay would be May 21-27 or 28.

Do you need a make-up artist? Makeup4brides@aol.com

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
Mermaid said:
St. Lucia! I've been wanting to go there for a million years. I want to see that mountain.

Even still, I love my SoWal. :love:
I'm with you on both counts! We really, really wanted to go to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. It was just too far away and too expensive!

WLD

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
ATL
Stay at Seaside Honeymoon Cottages or WaterColor Inn. (we have stayed at both for anniversaries and they are wonderful) Have a special dinner at Fish out of Water--at sunset and on the balcony if the weather is good. Get set up at one of the spas for a couples massage.

I've heard that Taste of 30-A will be in May (it was cancelled in September because of Katrina). Maybe it will coincide with your visit???? If so, don't miss the brunch at Eden State Park.

Happy Honeymoon!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
WLD said:
Stay at Seaside Honeymoon Cottages or WaterColor Inn. (we have stayed at both for anniversaries and they are wonderful) Have a special dinner at Fish out of Water--at sunset and on the balcony if the weather is good. Get set up at one of the spas for a couples massage.

I've heard that Taste of 30-A will be in May (it was cancelled in September because of Katrina). Maybe it will coincide with your visit???? If so, don't miss the brunch at Eden State Park.

Happy Honeymoon!

I agree those are 2 great places but at the upper end of $/night.

If you are on a tighter budget there are some gulf front 1 bedroom condos in Dune Allen Beach or on the other end in Seacrest.

WLD said:

Happy Honeymoon!

Thanks! I've checked out Watercolor Inn before--it would be neat to be there during the Taste! But man, that place that Ocean Lover posted the link for is absolutely amazing. I've been telling everyone about it!

And yes, peapod, I remember you've stayed at the Honeymoon Cottages. Wish they still provided breakfast...