• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Vote however you want. But do not believe that many understand.

I KNOW that many don't understand...that's why so many in this state ended up with exploding mortgages. Far too many relied on "professionals" telling them what they wanted to hear. Then when the 'fit hit the shan' the "professionals" just rocked back on their heels and said, "They're adults, they can read, they 'should have known' what they were signing. It's their own fault that they're being kicked to the curb."

If this thing passes, I can see Charlie when this tax-relief 'fit hits the shan.' He'll rock back on his heels and say, "Well the voters wanted it, they're adults, they 'should have known' what they were voting for. It's their own fault that the schools and public services are going down the drain."

I'm voting 'No' so Florida will have another opportunity to get this tax thing right--and come up with a plan that doesn't require a $1,000 a plate fundraiser at Trump Tower in New York City and a $10-a-head Florida State Beg-a-thon to drum up support.

BTW Walt, did you send in your $10?

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I'll be right behind you.........looking down !!

Thanks.

180px-Wile_E_Coyote.jpg

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
BTW Walt, did you send in your $10?

No. As a long time beneficiary of SOH my tax bill is insignificant. I really do feel for those people that have second homes and such that were not limited by SOH. And I am getting postcards from the unions stating that this tax cut is being done to benefit second homeowners. Like that is a bad thing.

January 15th quite a few of the local officials will be speaking to the tax cut issue in DeFuniak Springs, 6 PM, Community Center. Will be interesting to see what position they take, if any.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
That is it. Pick a preference for Prez and vote on the amendment. Absentee ballots are out so you can stop by now and vote, or wait until the 14th when early voting starts.

Preference being the operative word. As a registered Democrat, my primary vote won't even count. Yours, Walton GOP, only counts by half, isn't that right?