• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Is there a thread that shares how everyone chose their User Name? Of course mine is easy, my favorite Disney Character.:love:

But would love to know what made others choose thiers, such as Miss Kitty, Smiling Joe, Tootsie, Rapunzel, Savvytangerine, Potato Vixen, NoHall, Skunkape:dunno:

Some are each to figure out but others I am sure there is a story there somewhere. :roll:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Is there a thread that shares how everyone chose their User Name? Of course mine is easy, my favorite Disney Character.:love:

But would love to know what made others choose thiers, such as Miss Kitty, Smiling Joe, Tootsie, Rapunzel, Savvytangerine, Potato Vixen, NoHall, Skunkape:dunno:

Some are each to figure out but others I am sure there is a story there somewhere. :roll:

don't think there is such a thread, but there could be one, in the lounge perhaps.

in a nutshell though, people chose user names based on a wide range of reasons. mine is my nickname. Miss Kitty's name used to be Sueshore, but we all called her Miss Kitty - she has so many posts that she was granted a new name upon request. each person has a story.

we do have a nickname thread somewhere.... what is your nickname? that was interesting.

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
Sitting up on former terrace ay Cafe 30A started chatting /drinking with Tootsie and Kurt and thought, "wow, here are some cool folks and i WILL check out their site!!!"

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
I discovered SoWall when I was removing new square SoWall stickers off of our gated community entrance wall and stop sign in Santa Rosa Beach----I think it was around 2005?

I had adhesive remover and was getting nowhere in removing these sticky square Sowal signs someone had placed everywhere. I was actually pissed that someone would deface property in the name of spreading this Sowal.com, which at the time I had no idea what it was??

Now, I love it and forgive the guerilla warfare method of initially getting recognition--someone was a little over enthusiastic, I guess.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I discovered SoWall when I was removing new square SoWall stickers off of our gated community entrance wall and stop sign in Santa Rosa Beach----I think it was around 2005?

I had adhesive remover and was getting nowhere in removing these sticky square Sowal signs someone had placed everywhere. I was actually pissed that someone would deface property in the name of spreading this Sowal.com, which at the time I had no idea what it was??

Now, I love it and forgive the guerilla warfare method of initially getting recognition--someone was a little over enthusiastic, I guess.

Residue. :D

newyorker

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
After hurrican Dennis--we were living in upstate NY at the time, but had booked our vacation, per usual, in SOWAL (we had always vacationed in SOWAL and living up there merely meant we had to fly down). I needed to know what to expect--the site was far better than any regular news organization. Meanwhile--this site has been fabulous--I even found my realtor here in Memphis through SOWAL (thanks SJ!!)