• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluznbeach

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
www.davidsswan.com
Re: TS Katrina

Well, it didn't take long for somebody to come up with the obvious lead for the storm story...the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes, "South Floridians won't be walking on sunshine when Katrina and her waves crash ashore later this week." ;-)

I always liked that song, but my favorite of theirs was "Red Wine and Whiskey." I'll need some of both as I watch the Weather Channel this weekend. Take care and be safe, y'all.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

earl, you better load up the cattle trailers with all your crap. I hear a storm may be making some new Gulf front homes in your hood. If it does hit, and I hope it does not, we will see how well those plastic dunes hold at Lee Perry's house in Gulf Trace. I have a feeling that we will be looking at orange clay soon.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

If it stays to the east of us, that would be better...right? Isn't there a good/bad side? Each storm that has hit in the last two years has come in to the west...except Cindy? Education time.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal

Usually the chant is West is best - east is beast - to the west of the storm is better.

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.

West may be "best" as it relates to the worst of the surge and a "hit" but I am afraid with the beating the SoWal dunes/beaches have taken in the past 12-14 months that being anywhere in the "cone" is not going to be good.

I vote for orange or purple (sorry to the people in those paths). We are hoping for the best and that the TS just dies (not likely) but at worst it helps push more sand up onto the SoWal beaches :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

It looks like we will know by Monday evening.

wetwilly :cool:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

Beachlover2 said:
Usually the chant is West is best - east is beast - to the west of the storm is better.

Thanks... that's what I remembered! These days I am having a hard time locating some info in the ol' lobes!

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.

Just got this off of the web....www.crownweather.com/tropical

"....THE GUIDANCE HAS COME INTO SOMEWHAT BETTER AGREEMENT THAT KATARINA WILL TURN NORTHWARD IN RESPONSE TO A DEEPENING TROUGH OVER THE CENTRAL UNITED STATES...ALTHOUGH THERE IS STILL A NOTABLE SPREAD. TRACK MODEL GUIDANCE RESPONDS TO THIS PATTERN WITH A SPREAD OF LANDFALLS IN FLORIDA FROM THE KEYS TO NORTH OF LAKE OKEECHOBEE. AFTER CROSSING FLORIDA.....

THE COLD TOPS AND THE INNER WIND CORE SUGGEST THE POSSIBILITY OF STRENGTHENING. BASED ON THIS...THE INTENSITY FORECAST CALLS FOR KATRINA TO BECOME A HURRICANE BEFORE LANDFALL. KATRINA SHOULD WEAKEN WHILE SLOWLY CROSSING THE FLORIDA PENINSULA...THE RE-INTENSIFY UNDER LIGHT SHEAR CONDITIONS OVER THE GULF OF MEXICO."

If it goes northward to hit Lake Okeechobee we will be west of the hit but this storm seems "flaky" and moving very slow (8 mph) and anything is possible at this point. If it stay as a slow moving storm, it will produce alot of rain (based on what the Dr said last night on the weather channel).

Sea Star

Beach Lover
Nov 17, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Re: Tropical Depression # 12

lollygal said:
Orange is a very good color!

GO VOLS!! (Couldn't resist!) :laughing1
:clap_1:
Way to go Lollygal! I was thinking the same thing when I saw your post.

Here's hoping Katrina stays on the east coast and heads north. Will be down in October and don't want it to be any worse than it already is - hot temps, biting flies, crowds, etc. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.