Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Kurt Lischka, Oct 25, 2020.
Zeta is expected to hit the northern gulf coast by midweek.
Zeta Girls!! It ain’t Spring Break.
Looks like another close call and more bad luck for Louisiana.
Yea, you have to feel bad for Louisiana.
Walton County Emergency Management
As of the 10:00 a.m. CT NHC advisory, Tropical Storm Zeta is located 235 miles SSW of New Orleans moving NN at 18 mph. Zeta has strengthened into a hurricane with 90mph winds.
The largest change since our previous update is that the entire Walton County is under a Tropical Storm Warning. Zeta has a large lopsided wind field extending well to the east of the center. Although we are not in the cone, this wind field along with its projected path is the reason that we are under the Tropical Storm Warning.
Our primary threats have not really changed since this yesterday. Widespread rainfall of up to 2" with some localized areas receiving more, dangerous rip currents, waves of 8-12', beach erosion, minor storm surge of 1'-3', damaging winds, and isolated tornadoes are still our primary threats. The exact impacts are track dependent and could change as Zeta nears landfall. The most likely time we could begin to experience winds would be approximately 9 p.m. tonight (Wednesday evening).
Watches, Warnings, Advisories
• Tropical Storm Warning for all of Walton until further notice.
• Rip Current Statement - high chance of rip currents through Friday.
• High Surf Warning for South Walton from 7 a.m. today until 6 p.m. tomorrow (Thursday)
• Small Craft Advisory for Coastal Walton County from 1 a.m. today until 1 a.m. Friday.
• DOUBLE RED FLAGS flying on South Walton Beaches:
o DOUBLE RED: HIGH HAZARD - WATER IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC! LIFE THREATENING SURF AND RIP CURRENTS!
Protective Actions as of 1100 CT; 10/28/2020
• There are NO evacuations for Walton County
• There are NO shelters open in Walton County
• There are NO storm-related road closures at this time
• There is NO Local State Emergency declared
• The US 331 Bridge is OPEN
• County Offices are OPEN
• South Walton Beaches are OPEN
• The Walton County Emergency Operations Center is at a Level
2 - Partial Activation
Our next update will be this afternoon after the 4:00 p.m. CT NHC advisory. For intermediate updates please visit www.nhc.noaa.gov or Tallahassee, FL.
The Atlantic Hurricane Season runs until November 30. Be sure to Have a Plan, Build a Kit, and Be Informed.
To sign up for emergency and weather notifications go to www.alertwalton.org.
Know Your Zone. Know Your Home. To locate your evacuation zone visit www.waltoncountyem.org.
Separate names with a comma.