• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
Hi Everyone,

For purposes of my appearances here I'll go with the name Bdub.
I have been a lurker for almost a year. I am a relatively new owner along the 30A corridor.

Though we live in the mid-Atlantic region, we make it down to the RR five or six times a year. I can sometimes be seen paddling my yellow kayaak on Camp Creek Lake (so far, I have not see any gators.)

I am :

...happy about the new Bay County Airport plans
...doubtful about claims that the ivory-billed woodpecker has been seen there.
...not all that upset about the big blue signs
...very concerned about the beach access issues
...a fan of Mike's restaurant in PC
...a lover of fresh gulf shrimp

I enjoy checking in here for the latest gossip and have a Sowal sticker on my car.

All the best,

Bdub

Hi all!
I am 21. And have been in love with SoWal since 2005. I have visited every year since, at least twice. I am getting married in Seacrest in April of 2009. And one day hopefully, I can live in SoWal.

Hey Everybody.
I am barely more than a lurker... but have been lurking for severral years. I have recently started posting a little.
I live in the Rocket City, Huntsville Alabama.
Recently widowed.
55 Yrs young.
I have a wonderful daughter named Tonya...who is a shcool counselor.
Two grandkids... Cade an Cole,
And ofcourse the ole man Wes, good guy.
I have been visiting the coast since I was 6 yrs old. Which means I have seen many changes.. some good... some not so good.
But the fact remains... any day on the coast is better than a day three hundred plus miles away.
Going to the board and seeing the latest, has gotten to be more important the first cup of coffee in the morning.
I would love to meet everybody... not as much as living in SoWal... but I am sure it is understood.

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Good Thread Kurt!!

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
:welcome: Beachaholic! Now...post some more!

:welcome: Bdub! Now...post some more!

:welcome: seasidebride! Now...post some more!

:welcome: tebo!. Now...post some more.

This is too much funn....we need more lurkers to come out. :wave:

(Daddy-O has way too much power :wave:)

Last edited:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
:welcome: Everyone. And I'm honored to say I already know wonderful hnooe and his Italian partner (gave them home-made limoncello cream one visit to SoWal before the transportation authority started taking my limoncello cream out of my checked-in bags at the airport)

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
:welcome: Everyone! It's good to see some lurkers--now we won't have to make up wild stories about you. :D:wave:

Poodleone

Beach Fanatic
Jun 27, 2006
Kerens, Texas
Hello! I am a native Texan so I relate to DD and Miss Kitty and their metroplex tales. Went to college in Huntsville, TX (GO BEARCATS!) and have worked in hospital laboratories for 26+ years.

I first saw the white beaches of Destin in the 70's, went back with my husband in the 90's, then off and on for 15 years. Spent a week in '06 and '07 in BMB and will never stay anywhere except SOWAL again!

Enjoy lurking on this forum- it is like my own personal soap opera that doesn't involve work.

I do swim, now live on a lake in East Texas, but hate to get wet (strange for a Pisces). Am applying for my first passport so I can visit London with my sister in September.

No idea when I will get back to 30-A bu I live vicariously through all of your adventures.